Dress code on Captains night

Hi, was wondering what actually is acceptable regarding dress code on either Captains night or generally eating in the dining room.

Can you get away with wearing a short sleeved shirt?

Most certainly you can. On our cruise this week it seemed that pants were suggested, but really nothing enforced in terms of a dress code. Significantly different dining room from our last royal cruise in 2010. Table next to us had two guys in golf shirts and ball caps at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most certainly you can. On our cruise this week it seemed that pants were suggested, but really nothing enforced in terms of a dress code. Significantly different dining room from our last royal cruise in 2010. Table next to us had two guys in golf shirts and ball caps at dinner.

I personally hate wearing a jacket so was hoping that just a shirt and tie would be enough. As for my disabled son we were thinking a short sleeved shirt would be ok but will probably pack a regular shirt just in case.

I personally hate wearing a jacket so was hoping that just a shirt and tie would be enough. As for my disabled son we were thinking a short sleeved shirt would be ok but will probably pack a regular shirt just in case.

That will be fine. In fact a shirt and tie will be more dressy than many. You'll see everything from tuxes to t-shirts on formal night.

You'll be fine. We had I'd say 3% tuxes, 2% suits with tie, 15% suit no tie, 60% smart casual and 20% other. My autistic son wore a 'nice' t-shirt with no logos on it and was as well dressed as most kids.