Ruby Princess first cruise of the season in Juneau April 30..too early help!

jled

So now that I've decided on doing the Helicopter Sled dog excursion, I am finding that since I am on the first cruise of the season, it seems like none of the helicopter companies start that early. The Ruby Princess will be in Juneau on April 30. Princess offers Helicopter excursions, but no sled dog on the glacier...Anyone else having this issue

We are on the cruise after yourselves and on looking at the Princess shore excursions list for that date (5th May onwards) they do list the dogsled in Juneau. As you have said other companies don't seem to start that early so we have gone for the dogsled option in Skagway. Maybe see if that works for your cruise. We are booked through Alaska Shore Excursions (not with Princess) who are 60 dollars pp dearer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Coastal isn't setting up until May 14, as example. You are way early end of April and I'll speculate you are out of luck.

but, contact the other 2 vendors direct, with TEMSCO out of both Juneau and Skagway and ERA out of Juneau.

Are either of you on a one way cruise AND independent time mainland? Additional options perhaps depending on the start ups.

I have some pretty good excursions booked.. I have the Juneau Helicopter Icefield Excursion booked..you get to walk on the glacier...The Misty Fjiors Flightplane in Ketchican ( booked through Costco) and the Chilkook Trail Hike and Float in Skagway ( thru Princess) . Alaska is probably a once for me....I usually don't go back to a place twice...so many other places to go in this world...I live in NY so Seattle and Alaska are definitely a HIKE. I have some fun stuff booked for our two nights before in Seattle. The only thing that I couldn't book was the sled dogging on the glacier so we will just get to walk on the glacier in Juneau..still a once for me! I have some PLAN B excursions saved to my wishlist in case these get cancelled..but I have been whale watching on little zodiaks in Cabo..and although its not Alaska...I can't really imagine anything beating that...but its a good plan B if I need it...Let me know what you end up booking..I'm curios because so much was booked and sold out on our ship when I was looking for excursions...I've never seen that before..I've cruised Europe, Japan, but mainly Caribbean...