Ultimate Balcony Breakfast - MENU?

sunnylin

Hi -

Can anyone tell me what is on the menu for the ultimate balcony breakfast and also is it worth the price?

$25 for 2 doesn't seem bad at all - but i do want to make sure that it is something extra special. I am looking for something extra nice to celebrate our anniversary. The dinner sounds nice, but a bit pricey.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Linda

sailing the CB 2/18/06

Linda,

DH and I did this twice on the Coral and it was awesome! I'm pretty sure the menu is the same fleetwide. Warning! The amount of food is INSANE. Bring ziplock bags to save your leftovers and enjoy them all week on your balcony.

Here goes:

Warm Basket of Homemade Pastries

Delicate Smoked Copper River Salmon with lingonberry cream cheese and toasted lemon brioche.

Fresh Wild Forest Berries

Alaska King Crab Quiche with tomato and fontina cheese gratin

A half bottle of French champagne.

I'm embarassed to admit that we took pictures of this spread. Check out my Coral/Panama Canal photos online. ;)

Sharon... we also took pictures of the breakfast:D:D... we soooo enjoyed it and it was sent as a gift from my sister.

We made mimosas with our orange juice and the champagne....

Emmy

We weren't overly impressed. The quiche was chock full of black olives - not for me. yuck. The rest of the breakfast was good, but I'm not sure I'd do it again. I did it to celebrate my husband's birthday. There were leftovers, which we shared with the kids. Not sure it was worth the extra money for me. We thought the extra money spent at the Bayou Cafe was well worth it however. Excellent meal and service. A special treat. The breakfast- so so for me. Just another point of view!

I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I wouldn't do it again, but I did enjoy it and thought it was well worth the price. At $25/couple, it is cheaper than any breakfast I've had in a restaurant in a long time.

Our menu was slightly different than posted above, but it was delicious and very plentiful. No olives in the quiche at all. The berries and cream were out of this world! The pastries were also nice, and we nibbled on them for several days.

If you want a treat, then I'd say it's worth it. If you have two friends to share it with, all the better.

we just had this on the 20th of december, and really enjoyed it. Crab quiche was excellent , as well as the crab meat. smoked salmon was good, and excessive. fruit was plentiful and good, and my gosh, the pastries. so much that we gave the teenagers in our room those. My wife and I felt this was worth the price!

We thought it was delicious and plentiful - will definitely do it again. Also took pictures because everything was done so nice. Ours was Quiche Lorraine with bacon and swiss - it was delicious! We saved one plate of salmon and some pastries for the next morning and my husband enjoyed it all over again. To our way of thinking it is so worth the $25.

mollyanne

BTW' date=' the $25 covers the split of French Champagne - not the food. [/quote']

:confused: Now you lost me :) . Is it possible to get the UBB without the Champagne -- and would that make it at no additional cost (except the tip)? I know I'm weird :D , but Champagne in the morning is not at all appealing to me.

Also, is it possible to substitute the crab quiche? Weird again, DH and I don't eat shellfish at all.

I apologize if these are stupid questions!

:confused: Now you lost me :) . Is it possible to get the UBB without the Champagne -- and would that make it at no additional cost (except the tip)? I know I'm weird :D , but Champagne in the morning is not at all appealing to me. Also, is it possible to substitute the crab quiche? Weird again, DH and I don't eat shellfish at all. I apologize if these are stupid questions!

amapola,

Not stupid at all, I don't eat seafood (or fish for that matter) and I loved the crab quiche. It's not "fishy" at all. ;)

I do think you are out of luck as far as the champagne goes however. I'm thinking they won't be to happy going through the whole breakfast set up and not getting the $25. :D

Hi Sharon and thanks for the info. I don't even know why I asked about it, since I also don't eat wheat (so the pastries are out) -- basically we'd be eating... salmon and berries??? :D I was just curious about the statement that the cover charge was for the champagne and not the food. Or maybe it was way past my bedtime and I was getting incoherent LOL. In any case, it does sound yummy and wonderful, but it's just not for us.

Happy new year!

If you look it up - the split of French champagne costs $25. You've essentially paid for the food already in your fare and you're paying for the wine. That said, they do a wonderful spread of food - things unavailable elsewhere on the ship, plus the nicety of balcony dining.

If you look it up - the split of French champagne costs $25. You've essentially paid for the food already in your fare and you're paying for the wine. That said' date=' they do a wonderful spread of food - things unavailable elsewhere on the ship, plus the nicety of balcony dining.[/quote']

Ahhh, now I get your point!! A tad slow, me LOL. It's still not for us, but I agree... nothing like that morning coffee or evening refreshment on the balcony... Only 13 weeks and we're there :cool:

Archived