Spa Package on CCL?

shibainuinn

We will be traveling on the Constellation in April. Our last cruise was with NCL and they offered a package where you could use the spa facilities but not the services as much as you wanted. This included use of the indoor pool, hot tub, showers, meditation rooms, lockers, but not free massages, etc.

Is there anything similar on Celebrity?

Also, NCL had some wine packages for sale on boarding day. They offered three bottles of wine that could be opened at meals throughout the cruise. Is this also available on CCL?

I am all apprehension before a cruise, so I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Have been enjoying reading through the forums. Thanks!

There are 3 pools on Celebrity, 2 outdoors and an indoor adults only pool. There are also hot tubs in the solarium. All pools & hot tubs are free. Lockers and showers are in the changing rooms and can be accessed by anyone. Use of gym equipment is free but there is a charge for classes. Persian Gardens is in the spa area and available for free to guests sailing in Aqua Class. Otherwise you have to buy a pass which may or may not be available depending on use. PG on Constellation is much darker than on the S class ships, which have heated loungers overlooking the sea. M class has some benches but no views.

Celebrity does have packages of a set # of bottles of wine but we've never purchased wine this way. You can also bring on 2 bottles per cabin when you embark. If you take it to a dining room there is a $25 corkage fee. If you have the classic or premium beverage package you can get wine by the glass as part of the package.

Note: CCL is Carnival. X for Celebrity.

Cheers, Orator.

We are in a Sky Suite, so S2 class? Our suite is #6123. My understanding is that that class has some amenities not available to all passengers and I take it that PG is one of them.

I'm not a huge drinker and we're still mulling the idea of a drinks package.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers, Orator.

We are in a Sky Suite, so S2 class? Our suite is #6123. My understanding is that that class has some amenities not available to all passengers and I take it that PG is one of them.

I'm not a huge drinker and we're still mulling the idea of a drinks package.

Thank you for your feedback.

PG is not a Suite benefit, but you do get Michael's Club and Luminae. You can get all the free drinks you want in Michael's Club. You can take soda and bottled water back to your cabin and drinks to dinner.

We will be traveling on the Constellation in April. Our last cruise was with NCL and they offered a package where you could use the spa facilities but not the services as much as you wanted. This included use of the indoor pool, hot tub, showers, meditation rooms, lockers, but not free massages, etc.

Is there anything similar on Celebrity?

Also, NCL had some wine packages for sale on boarding day. They offered three bottles of wine that could be opened at meals throughout the cruise. Is this also available on CCL?

I am all apprehension before a cruise, so I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Have been enjoying reading through the forums. Thanks!

As has been mentioned suite class does not gain free entrance to the spa facilities, but a pass for the duration of the cruise is pretty cheap. I always buy one because to me nothing much beats a long steam before prepping for dinner. On embarkation day when you go to Michaels Club, tell the concierge that you'd like to buy a pass to the Persian garden. S/he will then have someone from the spa meet you in the club and you can buy the pass as well as boo any spa services you might want. Several folks on here complain about the persian gardens on M class ships because they're smaller and all interior unlike S class ships whose pics X uses in marketing. I prefer the ones on M class ships especially the small mentholated steam room separte from the main hammam.I find the benches with a view on S class to be a somewhat silly gimmick that results in chatty folks lingering far longer than they do on M class.

I'm not a drinker so can't speak to those packages. And don't have a use for specialty restaurants-- while I gave Murano a try, i really appreciate Luminae and the team's willingness to get me off menu items when i get tired of the menu. ( sometimes a plate of pasta with garlic and olive oil is heaven enough!)

have a great trip.