Can I "upgrade" dining reservations made pre-cruise to a dining package when onboard?

bahamamama11

I made two dining reservations for an upcoming cruise. There are 10 of us in a group, and we wanted to eat in the specialty restaurant at the same time. Four of us would like to eat in the specialty restaurants more often- would love the 5 night dining package. We made ( and paid for ) the two reservations just to be with the group. Is it possible to incorporate those dinners ( and the fees paid ) into a 5 night dining package once onboard ship? If I book the multi-night dining package prior to boarding, I can't be guaranteed of getting dinner seating times to coincide with the rest of our friends for those two special dinners. Comments or suggestions?

I made two dining reservations for an upcoming cruise. There are 10 of us in a group, and we wanted to eat in the specialty restaurant at the same time. Four of us would like to eat in the specialty restaurants more often- would love the 5 night dining package. We made ( and paid for ) the two reservations just to be with the group. Is it possible to incorporate those dinners ( and the fees paid ) into a 5 night dining package once onboard ship? If I book the multi-night dining package prior to boarding, I can't be guaranteed of getting dinner seating times to coincide with the rest of our friends for those two special dinners. Comments or suggestions?

Don't see why you couldn't upgrade your package. Getting a specific seating time could be another problem based on how many have already reserved the time desired. I've been on cruises, usually shorter ones, when reservations were not available. I was on one cruise where the only time I could book Tuscan Grille was late on the last night. I was able to change that to 6:30 pm when there was a cancellation. This rarely happens, but it has happened to me. Take care of bookings ASAP when you board the ship.

Sometimes there are discount offers throughout the cruise that are much better deals than any package.

We had a dining package on our last cruise. We made all the reservations when we got onboard and on 2 of the 4 we we with friends who didn't have the package.

One of the set of friends, once they realized they were doing 3 dinners converted the first dinner to the package while at the restaurant.

Just an FYI that they do cap the number of packages sold. On our last cruise, they were no longer selling dining packages because so many had been sold ahead of time.

I was not the only one who was annoyed. I'd tried to purchase ahead of time, and the darn web site would never cooperate.