Seaside Tips for Toddlers

KatRangoon

I'm taking Seaside this summer and I'm travelling with a 2 yr old. Does anyone who has taken Seaside have suggestions/tips for a safe/fun trip?

Do they have cribs or playpens? Can we bring our own?

Any safety issues in the room we should prepare for? Easy open doors, sharp toddler height corners, etc?

Was toddler food/milk/etc easy to get ahold of? Should we bring prepackaged snacks? Are those allowed?

Do they have high chairs in the all the dining areas? Is there a place we shouldn't take her to eat?

Any activities you recommend?

Any shore excursion info to share? We've booked the eco park in Cozumel, but haven't found anything else that seems very toddler friendly. What about car seats? Do they provide toddler sized life jackets?

How clean was the baby/toddler play area? Was it worth booking the babysitting time for just 1.5 hours?

Do they allow strollers around the ship?

I can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure more questions will pop in my head later. Thanks!

I'm taking Seaside this summer and I'm travelling with a 2 yr old. Does anyone who has taken Seaside have suggestions/tips for a safe/fun trip?

Do they have cribs or playpens? Can we bring our own?

Any safety issues in the room we should prepare for? Easy open doors, sharp toddler height corners, etc?

Was toddler food/milk/etc easy to get ahold of? Should we bring prepackaged snacks? Are those allowed?

Do they have high chairs in the all the dining areas? Is there a place we shouldn't take her to eat?

Any activities you recommend?

Any shore excursion info to share? We've booked the eco park in Cozumel, but haven't found anything else that seems very toddler friendly. What about car seats? Do they provide toddler sized life jackets?

How clean was the baby/toddler play area? Was it worth booking the babysitting time for just 1.5 hours?

Do they allow strollers around the ship?

I can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure more questions will pop in my head later. Thanks!

Hello! We took our cruise with our 9 months baby on March 3-10 on Seaside. We were in the YC although I can provide you with some info that will be helpful.

They provide with Chicco cribs. They are quite big (I think big enough for a 2 yo). They are very nice and new. I think you don’t need to take your own, just make sure they know you will need a baby crib. Our baby slept all nights really well and also used the crib as a playground during the moments we were on the cabin.

Our cabin had some shape corners on some drawers. Other than that no problems.

In the YC they offered to make special meals for our baby. We took with us premade food that we know he likes just to have no problem. I guess they will accommodate to your his dietary needs but would suggest to take some premade food just in case you need it and also to take with you on the excursions you take. There is no problem having baby food or snacks with you to embark.

They have baby chairs in all restaurants and in the buffet. Again, as with the crib, very new and really nice. Just ask any waiter and will be provided. He ate with us every day.

The baby play area was nice, with plenty of toys to play. Did not try the babysitting option since our baby is not 1 yo yet (not allowed under 1 year). It looked clean but made sure to clean his hands before leaving just in case. At the time we went there were only 3 more babies.

Strollers are allowed and we some quite a few during our stay. We used it not only as transportation but also as a place for our baby to take some short naps and provide some more shade in the open areas. Definitely take yours.

As far as excursions, we were on a different itinerary so can’t recommend. We booked through the ship and they suggested the best options to take with the baby. They worked well for us.

Hope you have a pleasant sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the reply! Good to hear about the highchairs and strollers, our little one is always on the go, and a stroller is probably the only way we're going to keep her from sprinting from one end of the ship to the other. Good to hear they aren't picky about prepackaged snacks either. I wasn't sure about trying to find easy to pack snacks for her in the buffet line (I planned on bringing some ziplock bags for bread/crackers).

I called the cruise line and asked if they had full cribs or playpens, and they said they didn't know but would put my request in the notes. You said they had "Chicco cribs", which when I did a google search came up with mostly this size https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Lullago-Travel-Crib-Chestnut/dp/B01DPH4BYA?th=1 Is that the size you had? My 2 yr old would stand right up and tumble out of something with sides that low.

Thank you for the reply! Good to hear about the highchairs and strollers, our little one is always on the go, and a stroller is probably the only way we're going to keep her from sprinting from one end of the ship to the other. Good to hear they aren't picky about prepackaged snacks either. I wasn't sure about trying to find easy to pack snacks for her in the buffet line (I planned on bringing some ziplock bags for bread/crackers).

I called the cruise line and asked if they had full cribs or playpens, and they said they didn't know but would put my request in the notes. You said they had "Chicco cribs", which when I did a google search came up with mostly this size https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Lullago-Travel-Crib-Chestnut/dp/B01DPH4BYA?th=1 Is that the size you had? My 2 yr old would stand right up and tumble out of something with sides that low.

No, that is not the crib they use. The one they use is bigger and way taller.

IMG_0321.thumb.jpg.00431f99519188f4446f105675d096d0.jpg

It’s very very similar to that one (different color)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following. We are traveling in December with an almost 3 year old and an 18 month old. We sailed a while back before the 18 month old was part of the family and our 3 year old was about 10 months. I have a feeling this will be a whole new beast.