Connecting Stateroom/Sofa

Assigned 9232 on Freedom (D1). It says there is a sofa bed, but I was under the impression that connecting rooms get a smaller loveseat/chair to accommodate the door.

Can anyone confirm the arrangement? Pictures if available? Thank you!

Assigned 9232 on Freedom (D1). It says there is a sofa bed, but I was under the impression that connecting rooms get a smaller loveseat/chair to accommodate the door.

Can anyone confirm the arrangement? Pictures if available? Thank you!

Descriptions that you find of cabins are typically generic for a category and not specific to a cabin. If it is a connecting cabin it very likely will have a chair and not a sofa.

If my memory serves for Voyager/Freedom class, the connecting "D" staterooms get the loveseat instead of the sofa, and the connecting "E" staterooms get the chair instead of the loveseat.

We sailed on connecting balconies on Independence of the Seas and I do not believe our sofas pulled out (which was fine because we didn’t need them to) but we had full size sofas in each room. I attached the photo so hopefully that will help. I imagine that those rooms have the connecting door by the beds to enable the pull out sofas to be in the room.DBCBECDD-5C93-49E6-BA07-614754FD4F3D-5827-0000075D12EBCD56.jpg.763ed3f7d1f19d2b1ba324a9248b522f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed on connecting balconies on Independence of the Seas and I do not believe our sofas pulled out (which was fine because we didn’t need them to) but we had full size sofas in each room. I attached the photo so hopefully that will help. I imagine that those rooms have the connecting door by the beds to enable the pull out sofas to be in the room.[ATTACH]416553[/ATTACH]

Connecting rooms and connecting balconies are two completely different things. And, no, the door would not be next to the bed.

I believe that she was using shorthand for "connecting balcony cabins". And her photo clearly shows an open connecting door, BY THE BED.

I believe that she was using shorthand for "connecting balcony cabins". And her photo clearly shows an open connecting door, BY THE BED.

I was looking NEXT to the bed not across from it. I shouldn't look at pictures on a cell phone. My mistake.

Descriptions that you find of cabins are typically generic for a category and not specific to a cabin. If it is a connecting cabin it very likely will have a chair and not a sofa.

If my memory serves for Voyager/Freedom class, the connecting "D" staterooms get the loveseat instead of the sofa, and the connecting "E" staterooms get the chair instead of the loveseat.

Thank you both!

We sailed on connecting balconies on Independence of the Seas and I do not believe our sofas pulled out (which was fine because we didn’t need them to) but we had full size sofas in each room. I attached the photo so hopefully that will help. I imagine that those rooms have the connecting door by the beds to enable the pull out sofas to be in the room.[ATTACH]416553[/ATTACH]

Thank you, momoftheseas! This is great to see.

Can you possibly confirm which room(s) you were in so that I can compare them to the deck plan? If they have the same notations/layout on the deck plan it is probably safe to assume that we would have an identical room.

Momoftheseas' photo from Independence was the exact same as our connecting balcony rooms on Freedom. The door was across from the bed and sofa in both rooms, allowing for full sized sofas in both rooms we had. So, there is room for a pull out. I didn't check to see if either of ours pulled out since there was only four of us anyway.

Momoftheseas' photo from Independence was the exact same as our connecting balcony rooms on Freedom. The door was across from the bed and sofa in both rooms, allowing for full sized sofas in both rooms we had. So, there is room for a pull out. I didn't check to see if either of ours pulled out since there was only four of us anyway.

Hi KimA75! Thank you for confirming. Could you possibly tell me which rooms you had so that I can compare the deck plan?

Also, the sofa pulling out isn't my concern so much as using the sofa for extra storage, so as long as it's there I am fine :-)

Hi KimA75! Thank you for confirming. Could you possibly tell me which rooms you had so that I can compare the deck plan?

Also, the sofa pulling out isn't my concern so much as using the sofa for extra storage, so as long as it's there I am fine :-)

We were 6694 & 6696. Great rooms, but hubby did have some problems with the motion this far to the end of the ship. My sons and I didn't.