Viking Koblenz Walking Tour VS. Marksburg Castle

Cruiseoholic000

• 2 weeks later...

What makes this new experience so interesting, is that you really can't plan on what time or place you will be docked or picked up. It all seems to vary from voyage to voyage in some cases depending on the traffic, reserved times for entering the locks, water levels, etc. Our plan is to go with the flow and not be rigid in our planning. It will be exciting.

I’ll come right out and say it. The Koblenz walking tour can be boring. I would explore it on my own (good shopping, ice cream cafés with outside seating for people-watching, squares and statues you can find on your own). You can easily walk to Deutsches Eck, the huge equestrian statue of William I at the head of Koblenz where the two rivers converge with the flags of many countries flying. That is also near the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress cable car you can take across the river. Allow several hours for this and leave plenty of time to get back so you don’t miss the ship! If the 49 EUR includes the fortress then it might be worth it as long as you get some free time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums