TeamViewer While Onboard

jdellachiesa

Hi,

While I've been on quite a few Princess Cruises, our upcoming cruise is longer than most we have taken. I have my own business, and reply on TeamViewer to remotely connect to client computers when they have system emergencies. While my intention is to disconnect while onboard, there will certainly be a few occasions when I'll need to escape to our cabin to save a client :)

Does TeamViewer work on Princess Cruises WiFi? I don't remember it being blocked in the past, but things are always changing... For this upcoming cruise, I purchased the "PrincessCONNECT - Premium" plan for unlimited usage on one device...

PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package

From e-mail to streaming, enjoy truly premium, unlimited access!

Original price: $179.99 USD

All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises' standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change.

Any insight, or testing by someone onboard(!!) would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Jarrod

Have you had success using Team Viewer with any clients who have Hughesnet or DirecTV as their internet provider? If so, it should work on board the ship. This ship's WiFi is like any other WiFi so should not be a problem. This ship's internet connection is Satellite - certainly more powerful than a normal home satellite provider but still bound by the same laws of physics and the round-trip-travel time to the satellite and back which introduces the latency. Try Team Viewer with someone who has Hughesnet or DirecTV and that will tell you if it will work aboard ship.