Torn between 2 cruises - input/thoughts please?

gkrnjlr

Which cruise would you choose?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise would you choose?

• Dawn (new ports, old ship)
    • Bliss (new ship, old ports)

For us, the prices on the Bliss for next February are keeping us away. We sail in suites and the original cost was $7,500/person (it has come down since then). I couldn't see spending that much money to visit the same ports -- even if it was on a new ship.

We did the southern itinerary on the Dawn out of San Juan in November and liked it so much that we chose that for our cruise next February. Our itinerary is different than yours (we're doing Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, Antigua and Tortola). If your dates are flexible, take a look at the different itineraries offered -- you might find one that appeals to you even more than the one you are now considering.

While we didn't love the Dawn, the itinerary more than made up for its shortcomings. We had no hesitation booking it again for next year.

I'm sad about missing out on the Bliss since the Escape is my favorite ship, but I don't regret our decision at all.

By the way, taxis are plentiful in Puerto Rico. We were actually the first NCL sailing out of San Juan in November and had no issues with transportation. If Southwest is your airline of choice, find out when flights are going to open up for your travel dates and book that morning. Our flights to San Juan were quite reasonable ($120 on the way down, $250 on the way back).

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you for all the input! I think we're going to do the Dawn. It's less expensive and since we're not on the ship much anyway, with having so many ports, we'll go for an inside cabin instead of balcony.

Thanks everyone!

I think you made a great choice! Have a wonderful cruise!

I have been on the Dawn post-refurb and have done a cruise out of San Juan with similar ports - I love the smaller ships and the Southern Caribbean ports so I think you made a great choice! One thing not mentioned was that I felt there was a different clientele leaving out of San Juan - more European and Australian than cruises we’ve gone on that left mainland US. We absolutely enjoyed that cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will say, I was impressed by the Dawn for an older ship. If you want to see new ports, I'd say go with the Dawn and cruise in a higher category room or suite than you would pay for the same price on the Bliss. We are hooked on the added little perks of being in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums