Bangkok hotel...need opinions on which one out of two to choose

SF

We have a choice to either stay at the Grand Centre Point Phoenchit Bangkok or the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

We will be having private tours so transportation is not an issue in regards to being centrally located to the tourist sites. We are more interested in the hotel itself in regards to if it's in a quiet good location. We are interested in maybe visiting Asiatique The Riverfront in the evening and I know the Chatrium Hotel is in walking distance but if the other hotel is better we have no problem taking a taxi there depending on how far away it is.

Would love to get opinions from my fellow cruisecritic travelers.

Judging by the locations, I'd say the Grand Centre Point because it's close to the Skytrain, which is your best way to travel around town - street traffic in BKK is horrendous. Both hotels look very nice and both will be quiet indoors.

We picked the Chatrium Hotel Riverside because of Trip Advisor reviews and the advice of our guide.

On trip advisor they said: Chatrium was one of the best hotels we ever stayed in. The shuttle boat which ran between the hotel and BTS (Saphan Taksin- Sky Train) was very convenient. The 5 minutes boat ride was nice and relaxing. We took the BTS everywhere and did not have to worry about the traffic.

Hi we have also stayed at the Chatrium. Good quality hotel with very comfortable beds. Morning starts with a great breakfast. As Southernbreezes observes the shuttle boat easy and convenient is good to be close to but away from the centre of Bangkok. We took the advice of our guide Wandee, spot on very good place to stay. Worthy of consideration!

Sent from my iPad using Forums