Life is short - book the cruise

ricew001

I have to agree. Back in 2004, we got a crazy idea to take our children, siblings and both sets of parents to Disney world. We paid accommodations and tickets. We knew the amount we spent was huge but looking back it was worth it. My kids still talk about the memories.

In 2012, my mother was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. She has been struggling for 3 years. At the time of official diagnosis, she was 55. Last year we again took our children and my parents to disneyworld. It was on her bucket list. We have precious memories that we will always keep with us

Life is short. Expenses will always be there. Family members will not. Enjoy and live life while you can. As we deal with the loss of memory, we realize how important it is to make memories.

I agree with the "Life is Short" philosophy with one caveat. Don't book the cruise until after you have fully funded your retirement account. Sometimes, life is long.

I have an excellent job in the same distinguished place for 20 years and have the maximum contribution set for my retirement account and they match that!

Unfortunately, for my husband and I both, our genetics aren't pretty. We lost my Mom to cancer in 2013 when she was 69 (her mom passed at 67). His dad was 81 but with a poor health history and his mom has been bedridden with early onset dementia for 10 years now - her signs of that started in her 50s. Hubby will be 60 this year and I will be 50 this year.

I would certainly hope and pray we have longer life spans, but that's something not promised so we make the best of each day.

I have an excellent job in the same distinguished place for 20 years and have the maximum contribution set for my retirement account and they match that!

Unfortunately, for my husband and I both, our genetics aren't pretty. We lost my Mom to cancer in 2013 when she was 69 (her mom passed at 67). His dad was 81 but with a poor health history and his mom has been bedridden with early onset dementia for 10 years now - her signs of that started in her 50s. Hubby will be 60 this year and I will be 50 this year.

I would certainly hope and pray we have longer life spans, but that's something not promised so we make the best of each day.

oh - and every cruise is completely paid for before we step foot on the ship. That's another one of my reasons for booking in Nov 2019.

Yes, being in good health and living without problems is too short.

(Nobody wants a long, painful and stressful life, but it happens.)

DH used to hate cruising and I had to drag him. After my breast cancer diagnosis (2.5 years ago) he goes without a fight, seems to like it and has no problem with not "getting the cheapest cabin". As a matter of fact, "we" buy me one major piece of jewelry per cruise as my souvenir of that trip (although I could get it for less at home).