Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

Great review.

I just can’t see me enjoying Wonderland I am far from an adventurous eater and it all looks so differerent. I wish I was better at trying new things because everybody raves about this dining experience but not for me at all.

I can’t believe Johnny rockets is now 9.95 wow, not sure it’s worth that. Free breakfast is okay but on The Harmony service was horrendous when we were on board granted it was the first sailing out of Florida perhaps they were all new staff. I’m sure it is much better 1 1/2 yrs later.

Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.

Second this. Wife and I really enjoyed Wonderland on Harmony. Thank you for taking us back!

It totally surprised us! We expected to love the experience but not the food, to be perfectly honest. But the food was outstanding. We were pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now Grease!! b007a2586459eb196b236e6504e36d53.jpg

Scored this great little box. Love it!! 6e376f7ed74c3e7517219480ab6495a9.jpg

Ok, those following know I'm comparing this experience to NCL because that's what we know. Score one for NCL. Sorry, this feels a little high school production. Nothing like Million Dollar Quartet or Brat Pack. Not in the same ballpark. Just my opinion of course.

Great review.

I just can’t see me enjoying Wonderland I am far from an adventurous eater and it all looks so differerent. I wish I was better at trying new things because everybody raves about this dining experience but not for me at all.

I can’t believe Johnny rockets is now 9.95 wow, not sure it’s worth that. Free breakfast is okay but on The Harmony service was horrendous when we were on board granted it was the first sailing out of Florida perhaps they were all new staff. I’m sure it is much better 1 1/2 yrs later.

Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.

Food was just ok at Johnny Rockets today. It was free with the Boardwalk balcony but wouldn't be ok if we'd paid $40 for lunch!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and thanks for coming along!!

Is Royal calling the Fish Bronzino on the menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey,

Speciality restaurants have had Branzino on the menu. We've also seen salmon and haddock so far. It's been great both nights I've ordered it. I don't eat meat.

Hey,

Speciality restaurants have had Branzino on the menu. We've also seen salmon and haddock so far. It's been great both nights I've ordered it. I don't eat meat.

I know they have Fish, just didn’t recall it being named Branzino. Branzino is Fish of many types. Not one specific type. Will look for it next week.

Thanks for your review.

Late night entertainment and bar food- score big for NCL. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this cruise and will sail RCI again. But I cannot believe this is Dazzles at 12:30 (those of you thinking afternoon- not so). Wow. I'm used to NCL deck parties that start at 11:30 PM. Then wings at O'Sheehan's about 3AM. Seems to be a very different vibe on RCI. Not bad but very different. Way more laid back.

98018e6d5ac407e02462336859d890ab.jpg

They were kind enough to serve me a glass of wine as they cleaned up the ghost town bar. Interesting. Is there a secret society party that you need a code to enter??? Were Cruise Life Rick's pics all taken well before midnight?? Feels like I'm missing something...

Dinner tonight at wonderland. Starting with drinks. edc0d9747d1a9b30f84b3ba88c13811a.jpg

Here's a tip for you. The bar at Wonderland is open wether you are dining there or not. That first drink Helios is AMAZING!! The bar area is fun and full of whimsy, the drinks are creative and delicious and the staff engaging and entertaining. I highly recommend you stop by!!

Your correct, the Rustic Inn is not the place to go for peeled and cleaned shrimp or quiet conversation. It’s impossible to devein shrimp with their shell on. It’s simple to do once you peel them.

You would enjoy the atmosphere much better at Joes Stone Crabs. Another South Florida landmark.

How was the crowd at Rustic Inn. Typically it requires a wait to get a table outside on the intercostal were it is much quieter. Every good ring of the bell requires heavy striking with the mallet on the table.

Most Southern Seafood Restaurants have brown butcher paper for table top and a good bib.

Take care of Harmony as we will be on her next Saturday. My family is from Louisville area although I was born in Miami.

It was Good Friday and the crowd was crazy! Only about a 20 minute wait but he place was full-busting at the seems! We will reluctantly pass her to you next Saturday... enjoy!!!

Is there anything so far that you've thought would be a MUST do?!

Hey Nabisco,

So far the family consensus is Wonderland for the experience. I'd at least do drinks there, but the dinner experience blew us away. We think you just have to do it once. Drinks at night in Central Park was also pretty special. Hope to find many more must do's. We also enjoyed the rising tide. Thought it would be a gimmick but we actually loved it! Have a wonderful cruise!!

Hey Nabisco,

So far the family consensus is Wonderland for the experience. I'd at least do drinks there, but the dinner experience blew us away. We think you just have to do it once. Drinks at night in Central Park was also pretty special. Hope to find many more must do's. We also enjoyed the rising tide. Thought it would be a gimmick but we actually loved it! Have a wonderful cruise!!

If you were to cruise again on Harmony, would you do Wonderland again?

The reason I ask, many here on CC say it’s a one and done. I’m not sure I believe that.

If you were to cruise again on Harmony, would you do Wonderland again?

The reason I ask, many here on CC say it’s a one and done. I’m not sure I believe that.

The family has discussed this. We think the food at Chops was just better. It was outstanding. We'd go back there in a heartbeat. Maybe this week! But the experience at Wonderland was something we all will never forget. We think we'd do it again but order ourselves to try different things off the menu. I think the "dining guide" has a set experience for first time dinners and that makes sense. But we think we could craft a different meal to experience more of Wonderland. We'd at least stop by for drinks! The staff Was amazing. Not sure if that helps... not sure you can go wrong

Back at another happy place. Sabor margarita bar. The DH has an avocado margarita. Yep. As weird as it sounds! I have the gold standard with a Grand Marnier float. Yum! 3b33ef60ac1864d679decbd5304a6ea7.jpg

Our first visit to Labadee was a huge success. Absolutely perfect weather. The morning was nearly cloud-free and I have to admit I loved the little cloud cover we got about 1.

These people do a private island experience seamlessly! It was flawless. The place is just incredible. Something for everyone. Do something, do nothing. Your choice. Sun? We've got plenty! Shade? You bet! Drinks? So many places, never a wait. We didn't eat lunch there, I will show you the lines at 12:35. That was pretty terrible but we'd already decided to eat back on the ship. It was a wonderful day in paradise!! See for yourself. Any questions, just ask!

2d2df6aa33b9ee80447e82706fcd2a3b.jpg

5acd4a82df24242fe556f0e55732cd28.jpg

5ad913062bf2e4f4e0266eeea4be7dd9.jpg

4a6e224b6bf930a961242de3703c113d.jpg

704e3eed2e415c33a86f661aa8a365b7.jpg

The zip liners were constant entertainment. We think about every three minutes 5 flew by. St what, $100 a pop, well, you do the math!