Final Payment made, e-tickets are here!

mafig

Our cruise is in June and has been fully paid. Web site will not allow us to request e-tickets until 20 days before sailing. Do not understand how someone can receive tickets and luggage tags earlier. Please explain....Thanks
Seems like it's hit or miss on the tickets. We were paid off months before the final pay date. Once I completed check-in, they were sent immediately and this was 77 days out. Did you use a travel agent to book?

The website stated the tickets weren't ready until 20 days before, but I just hit the button anyway. And there they were. I did the online checkin a while ago, don't know if that matters or not.

Our cruise is over 90 days away.

I will answer both replies. We booked as a group through an agent. I tried hitting the e-ticket icon, which is shaded. No response.

All bookings show up on the site as individual bookings/ confirmation numbers and all will not print tickets until 20 days out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

The website stated the tickets weren't ready until 20 days before, but I just hit the button anyway. And there they were. I did the online checkin a while ago, don't know if that matters or not.

Same here, I did it via the app.

I will answer both replies. We booked as a group through an agent. I tried hitting the e-ticket icon, which is shaded. No response.

All bookings show up on the site as individual bookings/ confirmation numbers and all will not print tickets until 20 days out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

If you are on a ship that uses the MSC for Me app, even if you have an agent you can get the etickets sent to you. All you have to do is use the app and go to Profile> Check In> "Review and" then VERY QUICKLY scroll to the bototm and select E-Ticket before it grays out and the popup telling you to contact your travel agency comes up. It can be done. I've done it 3 times since 90 days out and my agent is saying it's "too early" for the tickets (blatant lie).

Edited by Hey Tina

Our cruise is May 20th and I tried "hitting" the button for e-tickets and it didn't work. So that doesn't hold true for everyone, you were just lucky I guess.

Hobby 3333

How you request the e tickets?

Log into your account on the MSC website and should pull up your booking. On the left side of the screen you will see "My Bookings" and the 4th item down should say "e-tickets", click on that and it will pull up another screen showing if you have all the necessary items filled out including payment and you will see: Your cruise does not depart within 20 days so you can't receive your e-tickets at this point.:cool:

As the OP, I, too, received my tickets a 90+ days before my cruise.

My DH thinks I'm such a PITA with my TA that she said to MSC "Please send this annoying woman her tickets, so she stops bothering me." :confused:

This is not necessarily correct. I received my e-ticket at 90 days.

I can only comment on what I see when I log into my account. Why some people can access their tickets before the 20 day period must be at MSC discretion.

I can only comment on what I see when I log into my account. Why some people can access their tickets before the 20 day period must be at MSC discretion.
I think they like me or just got tried of me submitting my request for the tickets.

This is how I got my etickets emailed prior to 20 days. When you pull up your booking, if you click on etickets on the left, that screen will show the muted orange eticket box. Don't go here.

At the bottom on the left, click on Web Check-In. When that screen comes up, you will get an unmuted orange eticket box. Even thought it says not prior to 20 days, go ahead and click it. I got my email with the eticket file within minutes. I'm guessing you need to be fully checked in to do this. I was. Attaching a photo of this but not sure if it will work.

eticket_zpsyqryxvb4.jpg.html

i sail in june and already got my e-tickets also! i clicked on request e-tickets under the web check in page and it worked!

I tried as well but no orange box for e-tickets, we sail in May. I guess we will have to wait until 20 days out.:rolleyes:

This is how I got my etickets emailed prior to 20 days. When you pull up your booking, if you click on etickets on the left, that screen will show the muted orange eticket box. Don't go here.

At the bottom on the left, click on Web Check-In. When that screen comes up, you will get an unmuted orange eticket box. Even thought it says not prior to 20 days, go ahead and click it. I got my email with the eticket file within minutes. I'm guessing you need to be fully checked in to do this. I was. Attaching a photo of this but not sure if it will work.

Thanks for that, worked perfectly for me . Just click on the Web Check In and up it pops. Clicked eticket box, nothing happened however within 30 seconds I had the email sitting in my Inbox. Luggage tags the lot. Thanks again.