Excursion Options from Cannes to Eze & Monaco (NCL EPIC) with teenage boys

WarmItUp

Hi, This is my 1st post on CC! I've been researching quite a bit for 1st family cruiseincluding my husband and teenage boys - July - NCL EPIC out of Barcelona. I'm trying to decide what to do on Cannes port day. As we've never been to France, I'm thinking ideally I would like a 1/2 morning guided excursion to venture a bit further out than just staying in Cannes. My husband and boys do not like shopping so I don't think the Flower Market in Nice would appeal but please let me know what else Nice offers. I thought perhaps the cars and yachts in Monaco would catch their attention.

-I found a morning tour via LivenUp that includes Eze & Monaco (including changing of the guards). Mini van for 8. Any feedback on LivenUp and/or this option? Would then explore Cannes in afternoon.

OR I looked at NCL excursion because they get the 1st tenders, Eze & Monaco is 8 hours and more expensive. Any idea why the NCL tour is so long? Also is this a larger bus & bigger group?

OR If anyone knows of a 1/2 day Food focused tour that also might be appealing but I haven't found a $ reasonable one so far. Thanks in advance for input!:):):)

• 2 weeks later...

We have seen some pretty cool cars wandering around Cannes. Your half day tour sounds good though.

Then once back in Cannes

You could do your own food focused tour by visiting the market (not a cheap place to do your weekly shop, but it has a nice display of French food) and walking along the shopping street in Cannes (parallel to the shore) and using your best school girl French say "bonjour" and select some pastries at Paul Bakery (memories of the tarte citron come flooding back).

In July it will be hot. Make sure that you are dressed for a dip and have a swim just under the Film festival building. This is so much better than the standing-room-only pools on the ship. Then look at the handprints in the pavement before meandering back to the ship.

And advice about the tenders - when you board look on your interactive tv for tender tickets. I think that it is hidden under the 'entertainment' button. The sooner you look, the better the choice. Even with bookings there is a crush to get off, the first time we did it we booked an early tender and had a delay of about 20 minutes which could have been crucial for a tour. Recently we have not been rushing off so we just go at about 10 am and everything is fine.

Cannes is one of my favourite ports - Cannes itself is so lovely. I keep meaning for us to take the train to Nice and wander around but we have always had other things to do.

My husband and boys do not like shopping so I don't think the Flower Market in Nice would appeal but please let me know what else Nice offers. :):):)

You are not likely to do any shopping at the Nice market. It is a fruit, vegetables and flower market, with some tourist stuff like hand-made soaps. But it is in a beautiful setting and an incredible photo-op place. Take a look:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/nice-cours-saleya-flower-vegetable-market-1517609

As for food, make sure you taste the socca (chick pea flour crepes) at Theresa's market stand (right in front of the chapel in the middle of the market). You will also see the iconic Nice sandwich, the "pan bagnat."

https://www.tripsavvy.com/good-cheap-restaurants-in-nice-1517353 Scroll down for a picture of the socca. Theresa also has a small restaurant,

Also in Nice there is a little train (petit train) that takes you around the old city and up to the "castle" hill for some fabulous views.

• 1 month later...

We did a whole day tour that included Cannes with http://www.provence-trips.com/. We also were on NCL Epic, disembarked last Sunday.:( I would so love to go back! Our guide was Benjamin and he absolutely made the France port day a very enjoyable experience. Very enthusiastic, informative, lively, great sense of humor and totally got along with my teenage son and daughter. Had managed to get 4 more people off our roll call to share in the cost and make the trip a whole day trip, but William Bertrand, the owner, had also offered the option of half day tours if just my family and if I wanted a lower cost. Am glad we didn't DIY this port; the village of Eze is hard to get to and was definitely worth getting to it on the Monaco/Monte Carlo tour.

• 1 month later...

Do not use provenceprivatetour.com. I had two tours booked and they cancelled less than a month before because I asked them a question I forgot I had already asked about using a mobility scooter. I have been dealing with lots of emails from tours since ports to book so I didn’t remember I did ask and they said no. So they cancelled the tour for Monaco and a second one for Provence.

Now I am scrambling to find tours. Horrible and not reliable.

NOT A COMPANY YOU SHOULD DO BUSINESS WITH.