Voom or Voom + Deluxe Beverage Deals?

Hope someone can answer my question! We are traveling on Harmony over Thanksgiving 2018, if that makes a difference.

Are there ever any special deals for Voom packages and/or Voom plus the Deluxe Beverage package or are the prices pretty consistent? I know that Deluxe Beverage prices can fluctuate based on sales, but wasn’t sure about the Voom package prices.

Right now, the cost difference between Voom w/4 devices + 2 Deluxe Beverage ($1105 + gratuity) and Voom w/2 devices + 2 Deluxe Beverage w/Voom ($1091 + gratuity) is less than $15.

I’m trying to figure out which is a better deal to go with because if the Deluxe Beverage (currently on sale for $45...has been $48 for months) eventually drops any lower, I can easily make up the $15 by canceling & re-purchasing the Deluxe Beverage package at a lower price.

Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am curious if you get Voom on two devices, if you can make them two hotspots for the other devices?

I don’t think so. I *think* that uses cellular data, but I’m just guessing.

I am curious if you get Voom on two devices, if you can make them two hotspots for the other devices?

Normally, a cell phone can only be a hotspot if it is getting internet via cellular. This may change as new phones come out.

Hope someone can answer my question! We are traveling on Harmony over Thanksgiving 2018, if that makes a difference.

Are there ever any special deals for Voom packages and/or Voom plus the Deluxe Beverage package or are the prices pretty consistent? I know that Deluxe Beverage prices can fluctuate based on sales, but wasn’t sure about the Voom package prices.

Right now, the cost difference between Voom w/4 devices + 2 Deluxe Beverage ($1105 + gratuity) and Voom w/2 devices + 2 Deluxe Beverage w/Voom ($1091 + gratuity) is less than $15.

I’m trying to figure out which is a better deal to go with because if the Deluxe Beverage (currently on sale for $45...has been $48 for months) eventually drops any lower, I can easily make up the $15 by canceling & re-purchasing the Deluxe Beverage package at a lower price.

Any advice?

Pricing trends are unpredictable. All you can do is purchase, keep watching prices, and cancel and reorder if you find a less expensive combination.

most devices only have 1 WIFI radio inside-

so they could connect to the ships wifi but would not be able to then also create a new wifi network for the other devices to connect to or they can create the wifi for the devices but then not be able to connect to the ships wifi

and while there are devices available that do exactly what you are suggesting- it is very easy for the IT department to see when those devices are being used just by the traffic being passed over the connection.

I have not heard of them doing anything about it yet but I would not be terribly surprised if someday soon we don't have somebody come here complaining how unfair RCI was for revoking their internet package because there were caught using a travel router to share a 1 device internet package with their family.

who knows,

maybe in a few years we will have constant questions about how to get around the requirement that if one person in a cabin wants the internet then all have to have it as well.

I have not heard of them doing anything about it yet but I would not be terribly surprised if someday soon we don't have somebody come here complaining how unfair RCI was for revoking their internet package because there were caught using a travel router to share a 1 device internet package with their family.

The VOOM package is not like the drink package where there's an explicit prohibition on sharing - folks have reported using a travel router for years without issues. No reason to think RCI will do anything about that. As of now there's nothing in the VOOM purchase agreement prohibiting sharing the connection.

The VOOM package is not like the drink package where there's an explicit prohibition on sharing - folks have reported using a travel router for years without issues. No reason to think RCI will do anything about that. As of now there's nothing in the VOOM purchase agreement prohibiting sharing the connection.

and yet they sell it by the 'DEVICE" not the person or the cabin-

"

Discount applies for pre-cruise purchases only and transactions must be completed no later than three days before sailing. Discounts will not be available onboard. Price is per day per device and must be purchase for the duration of your cruise. Offer is only valid on this specific sailing, and is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Prices and Offer apply to new internet purchases only. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. Due to the nature of satellite communications at sea, there may be fluctuations in the signal from time to time or no signal connection due to weather, ship position, radio wave interference or other conditions.

"per device " makes it pretty clear that more then one device does not fall into the agreement terms, No?

so I would say you are wrong-

Just because people have done it doesn't make it right.

People have also reported for years about sharing drink packages, see how that turned out.

People can and will do whatever they want, if they want to steal that's on them, just don't be surprised when the cruise lines start changing rules to protect themselves against that theft..

"per device " makes it pretty clear that more then one device does not fall into the agreement terms, No?

No, and this is what confuses many and is the subject of a thread at least weekly. What RCI means by one device is one device (and device worth of data) at a time.

I grant you if RCI limited the one device package to one MAC address and then someone shared it, that would probably be illegal sharing, but that's not RCI does nor is what it means.

With a one device VOOM package you are basically paying for a pipe with water coming out of it at two different pressures (Surf and Stream) - RCI doesn't care who drinks the water of how much you drink.

People have also reported for years about sharing drink packages, see how that turned out.

Again, totally different issue as the sharing of a drink package is specifically prohibited. No such prohibition with VOOM.

But, this is my thread, and sharing of Voom and Deluxe Beverage Packages isn’t my question nor is it something that I have any interest in doing.

We have 4 people...2 of which are teenage boys. We are purchasing, in some way, shape, or form 4 Voom packages and 2 Deluxe Beverage Packages.

I’m specifically interested in knowing if Voom service is ever discounted or if the price is constant. I have not seen the Voom packages or Voom + Deluxe Beverage package drop in price and am trying to see if anyone else has.

I have heard that it’s common to log off of Voom on 1 device to use it on another but because we are pulling our kids out of school, I need both of them to be able to access their school Google Classroom accounts so they don’t get behind on their schoolwork.

I’m specifically interested in knowing if Voom service is ever discounted or if the price is constant.

Virtually everything has some discount at some point, including VOOM. Most of the time it's 20% off (from on ship prices)in the planner pre cruise, but sometimes it's discounted even more. Buy it and if there's a further discount cancel and buy again.

Virtually everything has some discount at some point, including VOOM. Most of the time it's 20% off (from on ship prices)in the planner pre cruise, but sometimes it's discounted even more. Buy it and if there's a further discount cancel and buy again.

Thanks. That’s what I was trying to find out.

My cruise planner hasn’t shown the Voom + Deluxe Beverage package for any less than $59 nor has it shown the 2 & 4 device packages for any less than $37 & $67 (I’m guessing on those numbers since they aren’t in front of me).

If the Deluxe Beverage drops below $45, it works in my favor to buy 2 Deluxe Beverage packages & the 4 device Voom package. Otherwise, I save a minimal amount by purchasing 2 of the Deluxe Beverage + Voom packages & a 2 device Voom package.

^ I don't remember of a time when the combo was not cheaper than the individual packages (even if one or the other is further discounted individually). If you are definitely buying both, the combo is the way to go.

No, and this is what confuses many and is the subject of a thread at least weekly. What RCI means by one device is one device (and device worth of data) at a time.

I grant you if RCI limited the one device package to one MAC address and then someone shared it, that would probably be illegal sharing, but that's not RCI does nor is what it means.

With a one device VOOM package you are basically paying for a pipe with water coming out of it at two different pressures (Surf and Stream) - RCI doesn't care who drinks the water of how much you drink.

When they first started Voom it was the onboard IT peeps who told us we could, and suggested sharing a one device package. That it only meant one decice at a time. They even make it easy, when you log on, if another device is logged on, you can log off the other device.