SAS, Jiffy Jeff, QLS- long wait for ride to fill up? Worried about time.

cruisinqt

Our cruise is out of Miami but our flight is out of Fort Lauderdale. The flight leaves at 12:15 pm but we are Platinum with Carnival and have a suite so we can debark early. Since this is an hour long ride, we want to get off the ship early and take a shuttle straight to the airport. But we are worried about waiting a long time for the shuttle to fill up and being late for our flight. (I’ve sat waiting 30-45 minutes for rental car shuttles to fill up in the past so I’m paranoid I guess.) Do any of the various shuttles (SAS, Jiffy Jeff, QLS) take you straight away to the airport? Or do they all make you wait until the ride is full? And if they do, how long do you usually wait? I don’t want to pay a ton of money for what they call a “private ride.” Btw, there are 4 of us if that matters. :)

For a 12:15 flight you need to be at FLL by about 10:45, and 10:30 or earlier is better. Plan on an hour drive from POM to FLL, so as long as you are clear of customs/immigration by 9:00 or so you'll be fine to make your flight.

Your other option is to skip the shared shuttle and grab an Uber or Lyft - typical waiting times at POM are about 5 minutes. Fare for UberX or standard Lyft (good for 2-3 passengers and standard bags) between POM and FLL is about $35+

Have a great cruise! ;)

For a 12:15 flight you need to be at FLL by about 10:45, and 10:30 or earlier is better. Plan on an hour drive from POM to FLL, so as long as you are clear of customs/immigration by 9:00 or so you'll be fine to make your flight.

Your other option is to skip the shared shuttle and grab an Uber or Lyft - typical waiting times at POM are about 5 minutes. Fare for UberX or standard Lyft (good for 2-3 passengers and standard bags) between POM and FLL is about $35+

Have a great cruise! ;)

Yeah I was hoping to get a 9 am shuttle. But I worry that the shuttle will be held up by late cruisers. I’ve never used Uber or Lyft but the prices sound great. I’ll have to look into it. Thanks.

Taxi fare, including for minivan/SUV cabs, from POM to FLL will run about $70+ - a good deal for 4-5 plus standard bags. Pair up with others on your roll to share the ride and save $$ ;) or take the Uber/Lyft plunge (UberX fare for 2-3 will be closer to $35+) -- my kids finally got a dinosaur like me to use them and I've just about given up on taxis since then.

Taxi fare, including for minivan/SUV cabs, from POM to FLL will run about $70+ - a good deal for 4-5 plus standard bags. Pair up with others on your roll to share the ride and save $$ ;) or take the Uber/Lyft plunge (UberX fare for 2-3 will be closer to $35+) -- my kids finally got a dinosaur like me to use them and I've just about given up on taxis since then.

I’m afraid to use a taxi. I’ve heard horror stories of taxi’s getting stuck in traffic and racking up huge bills. One TripAdvisor user said that happened to them and their bill was over $200 for just 2 people from POM to FLL. Does Uber or Lyft charge extra when the trip takes longer due to traffic? Or is it one flat fee?