Drinks prices and Bars on QM2

firsttimewithcunard

Okay, let one work with your premise.

On all of our next cruises we have Shareholder's benefit of $250.00 per stateroom OBC.

According to your thoughts, the $250.00 Shareholder's benefit is included in the published Cruise price. Albeit the Cunard, Early Saver or Saver Fares.

Therefore, every published Cruise price over 13 nights contains an element of $250.00 to cover Shareholder's benefit, but this amount is only claimed by Shareholders.

Therefore, those who are not Shareholders are paying artificially inflated Cruise prices, across the whole Carnival Group. Is this the point you are trying to make?

Yes. It is added into the fares by the bean counters. Nothing in life is free. Carnival are using your money to make a business function. They are not really giving you anything free. The Shareholder discount has not been increased for years.

Yes. It is added into the fares by the bean counters. Nothing in life is free. Carnival are using your money to make a business function. They are not really giving you anything free. The Shareholder discount has not been increased for years.

Agreed. It’s all baked in for the simple reason that if I were a shareholder (and I am), I would be pretty POed if it weren’t baked in. No good company is in the habit of giving things out for free. Promotions and credits are carefully calculated and figured into the cost structure ahead of time.

Even if one passenger gets a deal and is paying less than cost (which is very unlikely) some other higher paying passenger like in the Grills is subsidizing them. The profit margin in the Grills by the way is astronomical- the incremental cost of carrying a Britannia passenger vs a much higher paying Grills passenger to the line is minimal.

Unfair to those not Shareholders.

Agreed. It’s all baked in for the simple reason that if I were a shareholder (and I am), I would be pretty POed if it weren’t baked in. No good company is in the habit of giving things out for free. Promotions and credits are carefully calculated and figured into the cost structure ahead of time.

Even if one passenger gets a deal and is paying less than cost (which is very unlikely) some other higher paying passenger like in the Grills is subsidizing them. The profit margin in the Grills by the way is astronomical- the incremental cost of carrying a Britannia passenger vs a much higher paying Grills passenger to the line is minimal.

About to venture into the Grills environment, and hope it's an enjoyable experience. If so, then happy to subsidise, as it gives others an opportunity to cruise Cunard. A win/win for all.