MOS 2-25-2019 Heads-Up

Just checked RCCL website on a booked Mariner Of The Seas 4 Night 2-25-2019 Bahamas cruise POM R/T but could not find. Thinking this was a mistake did a double check - still no cruise availability showed. Looked at other cruise sites with same no show results. Called RCCL was told this cruise was "closed". I inquired further - CVP put me on hold to check - was told this is maintenance thing & I should check back in a week or so. Never seen a cruise taken out of inventory before unless a sell-out. With this cruise being 10 months out a sell-out is unlikely & even a charter/special group event should not cause. Was told IF this cruise date is cancelled - some adjustment is usual. Will be coming off PEV B2B cruises transfer to POM with flights already booked for this short cruise - so hopefully this really is just a RCCL IT issue. No roll-call up yet to alert - so just a CC heads-up.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are on this cruise too. We booked it March 2018. Please post if you find out any more information about this cruise and why it is not showing up anymore on the rccl site.

Just checked RCCL website on a booked Mariner Of The Seas 4 Night 2-25-2019 Bahamas cruise POM R/T but could not find. Thinking this was a mistake did a double check - still no cruise availability showed. Looked at other cruise sites with same no show results. Called RCCL was told this cruise was "closed". I inquired further - CVP put me on hold to check - was told this is maintenance thing & I should check back in a week or so. Never seen a cruise taken out of inventory before unless a sell-out. With this cruise being 10 months out a sell-out is unlikely & even a charter/special group event should not cause. Was told IF this cruise date is cancelled - some adjustment is usual. Will be coming off PEV B2B cruises transfer to POM with flights already booked for this short cruise - so hopefully this really is just a RCCL IT issue. No roll-call up yet to alert - so just a CC heads-up.

On the contrary, this sounds exactly like what happens when a ship is chartered.

My husband and I are on this cruise too. We booked it March 2018. Please post if you find out any more information about this cruise and why it is not showing up anymore on the rccl site.

Just back from a trip last night - checked today on 2/25/19 RCCL MOS cruise status to find that this cruise is not showing availability at the RCCL website or others websites such as AAA, Cruise Critics, Travelocity - despite all other February 2019 MOS POM dates open and available. So why is only the 2/25/19 MOS cruise impacted? I again called RCCL for status and again told this cruise status is still "Closed Out for Inventory Maintenance". The rep said this has been going on now for 3 weeks and may continue for months - maybe as long as October before RCCL will decide if this cruise will or will not sail leaving already booked RCCL guests in the dark and at personal expense risk. I was told that depending on the actual final status - should MOS be booked as a Charter, Special Group Booking, Refit Dates, etc., RCCL will at some point alert booked passengers with options - not good!. It may be that all will go well - but it is hard to believe that no-one at RCCL knows the status of this booked cruise. Not great Customer Service. Definitely RCCL knows what's up! As booked past passengers - we deserve to know the status of this cruise now. Yes this is "only" a short 4 day cruise - but how RCCL handles this issue going forward will definitely impact our future with RCCL.

On the contrary, this sounds exactly like what happens when a ship is chartered.

Bob - Thanks for your info. Based on your experience - IF this is a chartered cruise - when do you think we might know details from RCCL - or is there any other way to get details? Fred

Bob - Thanks for your info. Based on your experience - IF this is a chartered cruise - when do you think we might know details from RCCL - or is there any other way to get details? Fred

Sometimes it takes several weeks. I always think that they lock the cruise down as soon as there is serious interest from a potential charter operator, and then it takes some time to finalize details, maybe letters of credit, etc. Don't cancel or change the booking, else you won't get any consideration.

Sometimes it takes several weeks. I always think that they lock the cruise down as soon as there is serious interest from a potential charter operator, and then it takes some time to finalize details, maybe letters of credit, etc. Don't cancel or change the booking, else you won't get any consideration.

Hi Bob - Again thank you - good info - understand. Question - IF it turns out that this is a charter cruise will I be informed by RCCL specifically who the charter group is and will I have any recourse with RCCL if that "group" is not a good fit for my family sailing since we booked previous to the charter change?? MOS currently shows a passenger capacity of about 4000 - so I guess how much a charter may impact a sailing may be determined not only by who the "group" is but also how many are onboard. Feels like this may be a large group size issue since of all of the other February 2019 MOS POM cruises are available with ONLY MOS 2/25/19 locked down now for over 3 weeks. Any info appreciated.

Hi Bob - Again thank you - good info - understand. Question - IF it turns out that this is a charter cruise will I be informed by RCCL specifically who the charter group is and will I have any recourse with RCCL if that "group" is not a good fit for my family sailing since we booked previous to the charter change?? MOS currently shows a passenger capacity of about 4000 - so I guess how much a charter may impact a sailing may be determined not only by who the "group" is but also how many are onboard. Feels like this may be a large group size issue since of all of the other February 2019 MOS POM cruises are available with ONLY MOS 2/25/19 locked down now for over 3 weeks. Any info appreciated.

This situation sounds like a full ship charter, in which case, your booking will be cancelled. You will be notified by whoever booked your cruise.

setsail - Just saw your post - thank you very much. Too bad RCCL has decided not to reveal this info to already booked guests - JMO but not really an overall good business practice. Again - thank you.

Unfortunately this seems to be the usual procedure for charters.:mad: Assuming they are going to cancel your booking, all you can do is wait for the call or email and hope there is some half decent compensation or offer.:(

If they offer price match on a cruise you want to take, jump on it quick while there are rooms available.

This situation sounds like a full ship charter, in which case, your booking will be cancelled. You will be notified by whoever booked your cruise.

Bob - saw set sail posting on MOS monsterofrockcruise 2/24-3/1...so looks like you are spot on with the full ship charter. Not happy RCCL has not been upfront with me. Thanks for your help.

P.S. - again Thank You to setsail.

setsail - Just saw your post - thank you very much. Too bad RCCL has decided not to reveal this info to already booked guests - JMO but not really an overall good business practice. Again - thank you.

They never tell passengers, always been that way. A simple Google will give good info most of the time, everything's on the internet now. It looks like a great cruise, I have family members who do music cruises and they love them.

They never tell passengers, always been that way. A simple Google will give good info most of the time, everything's on the internet now. It looks like a great cruise, I have family members who do music cruises and they love them.

setsail - Thank You. Since our booking is for MOS 4 Night 2/25-3/1/2019 - two different embarkation dates - RCCL will need to tells us at some point. In our case on 2/24 we will still be on our PEV B2B - so absolutely no way we can do the MOS POM 2/24-3/1 cruise. Hopefully we will get this resolved with RCCL soon.