Advice on MIA hotels

Pearl64

We are taking an Oceania cruise departing POM on Jan. 3. Our flight gets in after midnight so just want to stay near the airport and then to the port in the am. We have reservations at the Homewood Suites-Airport West on 74th Avenue. At the time I was having difficulty finding rooms as i was probably too early to book. But, friends are staying at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. There are now available rooms there. We will not be going to the port together so does it make sense to change our reservation to the Blue Lagoon.? All we will be doing is sleeping and having breakfast and then heading to the port. So, is it okay to stay at the Homewood Suites? I know airport hotels are not the best. Thanks for any help.

The two hotels are only a few blocks apart. Either will be fine for a late arrival and morning trip to POM. It's your call about changing reservations. Have a great cruise! :)

Thank you, JohninDC! I think we will stay with what we have. Homewood Suites sounds as though we may have better options for airport transportation and getting yo the port. In talking with the hotel transportation to the port seems somewhat better than the Hampton which is girst come first served. We may also luck out getting to the hotel from MIA by using their ****tle. The Hampton stops shuttle service at midnight. We can always take a cab if we miss the 1am shuttle. Again, thanks.