"Smoothy" drink package?

I have found on the RCI site about adult & kid soda/juice packages and about wine deals. I thought I read that there was a deal for 12 alcohol free drinks (smoothies) for a certain price too. My son does not drink soda, but loves smoothies, so this would be perfect. Does anyone know anything about this? If it does exist, where/when do you sign up for it? If it does not exist, about how much would these drinks cost each?

The youth center onboard would know if it is available. Seems that they had this offering for my daughter on the Navigator a couple of years ago but I haven't seen anything since. Average cost is $4.00 each including the gratuity.

Thanks. He can certainly buy them individually; we'll just request some kind of limit due to the bill! We were originally booked on NCL Sun out of New Orleans, and it might have been on their boards that I heard of this.

Denham33: Just a couple of things. You can put cash on your son's Sea Pass so that when he's charged to that maximum, that's it. You can also request a charge limit. But there's a big "however" here--many, many posters report that additional charges have been allowed anyway. Some have reported that their kids had put hundreds of dollars of charges on the cards, which RCI expects the parents to pay, of course. RCI's theory is that the parents are responsible, regardless.

My suggestion depends on your son's age. If he's old enough to understand about money and charging, this is an excellent time to start learning to budget. Give him a limit and let him know the consequences if he blows it (like you taking it out of his allowance or him having to do extra chores). You can check his charges whenever you want.

If he's younger, you could have his Sea Pass deactivated for charging. This means that someone else in the family would need to be there when he wanted to have a smoothie. You could put cash on the Sea Pass (a much better idea, IMO, then trying to get CS to enforce a credit card limit; that seems to be really hit or miss).

Have a great time.

beachchick

I think that most responsible kids who are old enough to have the opportunity to order independently also can handle the idea of budgeting. When we went to Disney as kids (8 and 11) almost 15 or 20 years ago, we saved our spending money for months in advance (we probably each had $100!). Mom and Dad talked to us about us needing to budget the money. We both we able to budget it over the 4 or 5 days we were at Disney, although I think my brother blew it on the last night buying a stuffed Mickey--point is, kids like being given responsibility, so give them the chance to practice budgeting if you think they can handle it...it is a great skill to have.

Denham33: Just a couple of things. You can put cash on your son's Sea Pass so that when he's charged to that maximum, that's it. You can also request a charge limit. But there's a big "however" here--many, many posters report that additional charges have been allowed anyway. Some have reported that their kids had put hundreds of dollars of charges on the cards, which RCI expects the parents to pay, of course.

I think that cash accounts can go up to $500 in the red before they will be cut off. I decided to use cash on my account on my last cruise. Got a note mid-cruise that there was no card to secure my account and that cash accounts have a $500 limit. This was odd, as I still had a negative balance (credit) of about $300. The purser said to ignore it, it was auto-generated. That's how I know about the $500 thing.

Tracy

Archived