Embark 7/7 :D

7/8 Sea Day :cool:

7/9 Grand Turk

7/10 San Juan

7/11 St Kitts

7/12 St Maarten

7/13 and 7/14 Sea days :cool:

7/15 disembark :(

I assume that our first sea day on 7/8 will be an elegant night. Is this correct?

Then, which of our later sea days will likely be elegant nights? The last two days of the cruise are sea days and I assume one of these will be elegant night.

I'm trying to figure out when to do specialty restaurants. I'd rather eat in the main dining room on elegant nights because I think (correct me if I'm wrong) they have the best entrees on elegant night. And we will do specialty restaurants on other nights.

Already asked for Steakhouse on our Grand Turk day. They only have very early (5:30) available, apparently.

Is it common for reservations to fill up this early? Two months out? Any suggestions for best days or times?

Hi

I would say that the 8th. and the 13th. would be the elegant nights. On the 8th. they would serve the lobster dish, if that's what you like.

On Carnival ships, I haven't found it hard to book the steakhouse once on board, but that could just be chance.

have a great cruise

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I've tried to get Steakhouse reservations on both the 9th and the 12th and they haven't accepted our preferred time. Instead they offered us the alternative time of 5:30pm on both dates. That is a bit early for us. I'm surprised they are that fully booked this far in advance. I've seen them pushing the Steakhouse hard on board, so I know last minute reservations can sometimes be available.

Maybe I should just accept the 5:30 time slot they offered and hope we can push it to a later time once on board?

We would have tried for the first night on board but we are with our kids. They don't want to do the steakhouse and we want to have dinner together our first night on board.