Brussels Air strike affecting river cruisers?

HokiePoq

Saw the strike mentioned online yesterday. Although I'd never heard of the airline, thought I'd better check my Viking documents that came recently for our June Elegant Elbe itinerary. Google tells me Brussels Airlines is a subsidiary of Lufthansa.

Sure enough, we have Brussels air through United. Right now it's just a two day strike....not sure if river cruise flights travel on those days

Hopefully all will be resolved by June when we go but not really pleased that we are on a different airline from what Viking put us on out of Dulles/DC last time. Guess this one was cheaper due to the possibility of labor unrest. Same Google search listed strikes in earlier years.

Saw the strike mentioned online yesterday. Although I'd never heard of the airline, thought I'd better check my Viking documents that came recently for our June Elegant Elbe itinerary. Google tells me Brussels Airlines is a subsidiary of Lufthansa.

Sure enough, we have Brussels air through United. Right now it's just a two day strike....not sure if river cruise flights travel on those days

Hopefully all will be resolved by June when we go but not really pleased that we are on a different airline from what Viking put us on out of Dulles/DC last time. Guess this one was cheaper due to the possibility of labor unrest. Same Google search listed strikes in earlier years.

We too are watching strikes, although in relation to Air France in July. After two-day-a-week strikes for the last month or more, there are currently no anticipated strike days posted. Keeping fingers crossed that doesn't change!

Did you pay the $50 pp to Viking Air to have input on your flights? We've done that twice now and are happy we did (were able to change schedule of connecting flight to allow more time for possible delays on the trans-Atlantic leg).

We too are watching strikes, although in relation to Air France in July. After two-day-a-week strikes for the last month or more, there are currently no anticipated strike days posted. Keeping fingers crossed that doesn't change!

Did you pay the $50 pp to Viking Air to have input on your flights? We've done that twice now and are happy we did (were able to change schedule of connecting flight to allow more time for possible delays on the trans-Atlantic leg).

Last time we paid the deviation fee to fly in early with the precruise Viking tour people. Couldn't get on the Viking precruise but had a fantastic precruise experience with a private guide.

My flights are okay if they fly....don't know if there is an alternative or not. Maybe I better check KLM like we had last time...thanks for the suggestion.

FYI-KLM is also striking along with Air France. Hope all affected can find an alternative airline. :rolleyes:

Didn't know that, thanks. Maybe keeping my fingers crossed is the best way to go, lol.