Happy in a BA cabin?

Casshew

I did the upgrade from a BA to an AD Mini for our upcoming Golden Princess cruise in April. Best thing I did!! The Mini-Suites have a tub/shower, more room space and other ammenities.

I would pay the difference. When are you sailing??............Karen

Cat. AD Mini-Suites have fully covered balconies.

Cat. AC and above have fully exposed balconies(no shade).

Book a specific cabin if you want shade(like me)

Book GTY as you may get an upgrade.............Karen

Hmm... never thought about the guarantee... the only thing that bothers me is booking a AD when I can pick the cabin is okay. but booking a AD guar and getting an AD that is in a terrible spot.

The mini suite has a sofa? and a bigger balcony? and a tub?

I am assuming the AC, AB & AA are identical to the AD but in different locations? and then the shade/balcony thing.

We actually prefer the AD minisuites as they are fully covered. If you can get E728 or E729 on the Grand class, you will have an extended balcony that is great.

All of the minisuites have a tub, sofa and 2 tv's. They also have much better bed linens.

Go for the mini. You also get the better mattresses' date=' luxury linens and towels, welcome champagne, upgraded toiletries, canapes on formal night. Plus, a much nicer room, bath, and balcony. Don't hesitate.[/quote']

Wow, you are making it really tempting! The reason I picked the BA was because it was on the Lido deck, really close and handy to the pools/bar/grill/buffet...

We spend most of our time on sea days hanging out in the area and the last couple of cruises I booked our cabin felt like it was miles away from the pool - if you forgot your book or sunglasses etc.. it was a trek there and back.

The mini suites are so tempting, but the convenience of having the BA right there, no elevators to take, your own bathroom to use instead of the public ones, so close to grab a drink & sit on your own balcony - it's a big trade off, especially since I am travelling alone with a 12 year old.

Is it more often than not if you book a Guar you are upgraded? or do you quite often stay in the same cat?

Please share your thoughts on my dilemma & TIA for your advice.

I'll be able to tell you in March what I think of the minisuite. I can however vouch for booking a GTY. This was my first time booking a GTY and I had booked an AE GTY. Within two weeks we were assigned an AA room (3 months prior to sailing).

Like any opinion, this is based on our bias. We are big mini fans...that's what keeps us with Princess. So, we will almost always recommend booking a mini over any other cabin (assuming finances aren't an issue of course.)

However, you state the convenience of being on the Lido deck is a big deal to you. If that's the case, staying put might be the right choice for you. (Not sure how much outdoor time you will enjoy on a British Isles cruise...at least if the Caribbean warmth is your baseline. Your pool time may be spent under the dome.)

In any case, have a great cruise. Wouldn't it be great if all of life's problems were as difficult as choosing the right cabin?:)

. Wouldn't it be great if all of life's problems were as difficult as choosing the right cabin?:)

You said it!, Grandpa :D we should all be so lucky.

Speaking of lucky............. I just switched to a MiniSuite and snagged E728 that geejay mentioned with the extended balcony.. like this one (below) but on the port side.

minisuite.jpg

Kansas - I believe you have had this cabin too.... I'm sure the balmy North Sea Gale force winds whipping around the back of the ship will get me lots of use of this balcony :eek:

Thanks for your advice everyone! I am happy about the mini suite amenities with the upgraded bedding... etc. I appreciate all your help, please tell me I did the right thing?

Hmm... never thought about the guarantee... the only thing that bothers me is booking a AD when I can pick the cabin is okay. but booking a AD guar and getting an AD that is in a terrible spot.

The mini suite has a sofa? and a bigger balcony? and a tub?

I am assuming the AC, AB & AA are identical to the AD but in different locations? and then the shade/balcony thing.

What in the world would be a terrible spot in a mini suite on the Golden Princess for a 10 day cruise for $170????? :eek:

Well maybe terrible would be an exaggeration, how about less desireable?, by the public laundry or elevators or crew staircase where they are always thumping about....

it's neither here nor there as I took a mini suite :D

Go for the mini. You also get the better mattresses' date=' luxury linens and towels, welcome champagne, upgraded toiletries, canapes on formal night. Plus, a much nicer room, bath, and balcony. Don't hesitate.[/quote']

I hadn't even thought about the beds...we had the mini last year and just got off Saturday in an inside cabins.

The mattress was thin on a board. Mine had something sharp in it down by my feet so I asked for a foam pad (eggcrate) and it was much better.

The bed in the mini suite was much better and loved the separate sitting area and the 2 televisions.

Archived