electrical outlets on Bliss

I can’t answer for certain but I would guess there are USB outlets by the bed. As far as the drink... I don’t see why any bartender couldn’t make any drink you wanted provided they have the ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won't sail on the Bliss until next month,,, so I can't give you a definitive answer. However, none of the Bliss' sister ships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Epic) and the majority of the rest of the fleet do not put electrical outlets near beds in balcony rooms. We always carry a 6' and 12' extension cord. The extension cords need to be rated for your CPAP. Do NOT have a surge protectors on any cords are power bars. If you need distilled water, contact the access desk at least 2 weeks before your cruise and they will have it provided for your for free.

In order to accomplish that goal, Norwegian Cruise Line has a seasoned group of cruise professionals who are specifically trained to meet your needs through our dedicated toll free number for accessible travel (866-584-9756). Norwegian Cruise Line's team of Access Coordinators at the Access Desk have experience in furthering Norwegian Cruise Line's mission to provide a safe and accessible cruise experience for all guests with special requirements to the extent that is feasible. The Access Desk Coordinators will discuss with you your needs and expectations for your cruising experience. You or your travel agent will be contacted so that we can try to meet your needs prior to your cruise as soon as we receive your Special Accommodation Requirements Information form available from our Access Desk. Norwegian Cruise Line has Access Officers who will be the primary go to person for all of your needs.

I can’t answer for certain but I would guess there are USB outlets by the bed.

Hmmmm,,,, you're not going to be able to plug a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) medical device to a USB port in a reading lamp.

Hmmmm,,,, you're not going to be able to plug a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) medical device to a USB port in a reading lamp.

Yes I am aware of that. That’s why I specified it was USB.

With those USB ports upgraded as part of the newer LED bedside lamp, I might no longer bring along a 10' USB extension cable for smartphone charging ... a shorter 6' extension will suffice. It's nice to have that option in addition to charging everything at the desk / dresser table.

But, it's not yet available in all the staterooms (USB charging port) as I found out on the Gem last month ... the USB extension "saved" me. Apparently, the Breakaway did not get the new additional USB charging port upgrade from its recent drydock work either.

We won't sail on the Bliss until next month,,, so I can't give you a definitive answer. However, none of the Bliss' sister ships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Epic) and the majority of the rest of the fleet do not put electrical outlets near beds in balcony rooms. We always carry a 6' and 12' extension cord. The extension cords need to be rated for your CPAP. Do NOT have a surge protectors on any cords are power bars. If you need distilled water, contact the access desk at least 2 weeks before your cruise and they will have it provided for your for free.

In order to accomplish that goal, Norwegian Cruise Line has a seasoned group of cruise professionals who are specifically trained to meet your needs through our dedicated toll free number for accessible travel (866-584-9756). Norwegian Cruise Line's team of Access Coordinators at the Access Desk have experience in furthering Norwegian Cruise Line's mission to provide a safe and accessible cruise experience for all guests with special requirements to the extent that is feasible. The Access Desk Coordinators will discuss with you your needs and expectations for your cruising experience. You or your travel agent will be contacted so that we can try to meet your needs prior to your cruise as soon as we receive your Special Accommodation Requirements Information form available from our Access Desk. Norwegian Cruise Line has Access Officers who will be the primary go to person for all of your needs.

I know about the surge protectors but how do you know if your extension cord is rated for a CPAP? I have brought extension cords before and never knew about that. I was lucky enough to be on a Holland America ship in Feb. that had recently been redone and it had BOTH a USB port and an electrical outlet by the bed. It was great so I was hoping a new ship like the Bliss would also.

I can’t answer for certain but I would guess there are USB outlets by the bed. As far as the drink... I don’t see why any bartender couldn’t make any drink you wanted provided they have the ingredients.

They used to make this very popular drink (the Speakeasy was the signature martini at Cagney's) but on the last couple of NCL cruises they didn't have it because they no longer carried Apricot Brandy. I was really hoping they would bring it back for the Bliss.

Can anyone tell me if there are outlets near the beds in the balcony cabins on the Bliss? I want to know if I will need an extension cord for my CPAP or not. Also is the Bliss serving the drink called the Speakeasy? Thanks!

I was on the Bliss Transatlantic in a balcony stateroom and I had my cPAP with me as always. You will need an extension lead. There are no sockets near the bed. The nearest socket(s) were on the opposite wall next to the socket for the coffee maker.

My advice is to connect everything up and plug it in overnight with your cPAP on the floor next to the bed. In the morning just unplug the extension from the wall and slide everything under the bed. I don't have distilled water with mine so it's quite compact and fits easily under the bed.

Side question - not necessarily for CPAP machines - So you can bring just regular extension cords? Needed to phones and curing iron, etc...

I know about the surge protectors but how do you know if your extension cord is rated for a CPAP? I have brought extension cords before and never knew about that. I was lucky enough to be on a Holland America ship in Feb. that had recently been redone and it had BOTH a USB port and an electrical outlet by the bed. It was great so I was hoping a new ship like the Bliss would also.
To answer your question about extension cords being rated for a cpap..... Most electrical devices will have a plate on it or a label on its own cord that saw how many amps or Watts the device requires. You then just need to make sure the extension cord is rated for the amount of power it may pull.

If you can not find that info out then make sure the extension cord is atleast the side of the cpap but preferably larger. Thicker the wires used the more load it can carry safely

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Side question - not necessarily for CPAP machines - So you can bring just regular extension cords? Needed to phones and curing iron, etc...

Per the post that you quoted, we always carry a 6' and 12' extension cord onboard. The Bliss' sister ship, the Escape, provides 3 US outlets and 1 European outlet on the desk top (along with USB power on the beside lamp).

You should never use an extension cord with a curling iron (or have a heavy duty extension cord).