Wine Packages

crazytomatoes

5 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

I read somewhere that silver packages are no longer offered.  Only gold package. Can any very recent cruisers verify this?

As Crawford wrote that’s true & here’s a link to another thread about this recent change. The new wine list has only a couple of bottles at the Silver’s $31 limit so it’s being eliminated.

Link to the new wine list:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

As Crawford wrote that’s true & here’s a link to another thread about this recent change. The new wine list has only a couple of bottles at the Silver’s $31 limit so it’s being eliminated.

Link to the new wine list:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Thanks for the updated information!  We are cheap wine drinkers (we to the complimentary wine tastings, but we enjoy the cheap wines as much as the expensive ones) and drink Franzia out of the 5 liter box from a spigot (Only costs us $8.99 at CVS).  Unbelievable that there are $5,000 wine bottles on their wine menu.  If you can afford that, you should be on a higher end cruise I would think.  We enjoyed Hogue on Princess with our Silver packages of the past, but alas no more.  It's $3.49 bottles of Beringer White Zin for us (plus $15 corkage).  

15 minutes ago, BrandiGreg said:

Thanks for the updated information!  We are cheap wine drinkers (we to the complimentary wine tastings, but we enjoy the cheap wines as much as the expensive ones) and drink Franzia out of the 5 liter box from a spigot (Only costs us $8.99 at CVS).  Unbelievable that there are $5,000 wine bottles on their wine menu.  If you can afford that, you should be on a higher end cruise I would think.  We enjoyed Hogue on Princess with our Silver packages of the past, but alas no more.  It's $3.49 bottles of Beringer White Zin for us (plus $15 corkage).  

You’re welcome & I appreciate Princess hiring a wine connoisseur to upgrade their wine list.  We’re far from being an oenophile with a wine cellar full of expensive wines but still see wines under the $45 limit (or paying extra above that amount) of the Gold package we’d like to try.  One of the benefits of wine packages for us is having a cruise long wine tasting at a reduced per bottle price. 😉

Unlike some other cruise lines, Princess only offers wine packages on 10+ day cruises which are subject to having sufficient inventory.  On shorter cruises we’ll now bring wines that even after paying corkage are about half the cost on non wine package standard prices.

For a milestone birthday family bought a bottle of my favorite wine (Brunello di Montalcino) and discovered it cost about $80.  That’s easily my most expensive bottle of wine ever.  I’ve read posts from a crewmember who wrote that shipboard storage of wines are far from being ideal.  It’s even worse for expensive wines that can be stored for a long period of time before someone pays hundreds or thousands of dollars to purchase it.

It’s good to have a variety of wines onboard but nothing over $50 for me. ☺️ 🍷