Marseilles, France excursions RCI

angelwings75

This will be the first time my husband and I will be in europe, and one of our ports is Marseilles, France. We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas, RCI. Looking through what is offered excursion wise, and I'm not sure what to choose. I know a lot of people say do the tours that are offered not through the ship, but I am a stickler for choosing excursions through the ship. I know I spend more money, but the thought of not being left behind is just something I like to have control over. With that being said, has anyone done any of the excursions offered by RCI? I'm looking at the "Panoramic Marseilles and Aix" specifically but all reviews are welcome! Thanks in advance !

Generally, a tour with the word "Panoramic" in it is "cruise line code" meaning very little walking and lots of drive-by sightseeing without getting off the bus. I don't know what your situation is but I thought that, if you are not elderly or mobility challenged, you might want to know that.

I'd go with one of these:

Villages of Provence

Luberon Villages: Discover the Secrets of Provence

Avignon Discovery

I would NOT do the "Panoramic" tour, as this means you'll be sitting in the bus most of the time. Also, Marseille and Aix are extremely easy to see on your own via public transportation (bus/taxi), while the ones I listed above are not as easy to do on your own, and therefore the extra expenditure for the ship's tour is more easily justified.