Booking future cruise while on board question

Vineyard View

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this. We are trying to decide between a couple future itineraries in 2020 I have read about the advantages to book while on board, so we likely will do that (unless what we decide upon starts selling out too quickly).

There is a good possibility that friends who have never sailed on Viking May decide to join us on that future cruise. Is it possible to book ourselves as well as them while on board? I am not sure if that would be allowed and therefore provide a discount for them, or if this additional discount (beyond the $100/$200) is really designed for returning guests as well?

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this. We are trying to decide between a couple future itineraries in 2020 I have read about the advantages to book while on board, so we likely will do that (unless what we decide upon starts selling out too quickly).

There is a good possibility that friends who have never sailed on Viking May decide to join us on that future cruise. Is it possible to book ourselves as well as them while on board? I am not sure if that would be allowed and therefore provide a discount for them, or if this additional discount (beyond the $100/$200) is really designed for returning guests as well?

We did just that on the Viking Sky In May..last month..we booked and then booked our friends. They got the discount for the referral as well as the onboard booking discount. We did not pay their deposit. The booking went to the travel agent, who called and got the down payment, called Viking and it was entered..so they got the friends rate ($100 off each) plus the onboard discount and the delayed payment offer.. meanwhile I had email my friends and the travel agent so they knew it was coming and needed to be paid the deposit right away..

We did just that on the Viking Sky In May..last month..we booked and then booked our friends. They got the discount for the referral as well as the onboard booking discount. We did not pay their deposit. The booking went to the travel agent, who called and got the down payment, called Viking and it was entered..so they got the friends rate ($100 off each) plus the onboard discount and the delayed payment offer.. meanwhile I had email my friends and the travel agent so they knew it was coming and needed to be paid the deposit right away..

THANK YOU Geffric. That is terrific news. I am really happy to hear this! It seems like a win-win to me - Viking secures another new customer and they begin their relationship on a very positive note.

• 5 weeks later...

We purchase coupons while on board Viking cruises for future trips. $100 will buy a $200 coupon. You can give them to friends as well. We purchase 2 each in Asia and we are using them for our British Isles cruise.

We purchase coupons while on board Viking cruises for future trips. $100 will buy a $200 coupon. You can give them to friends as well. We purchase 2 each in Asia and we are using them for our British Isles cruise.

These wonderful coupons can be purchased only on Viking river cruises, though they may be used on the ocean cruises. Just to let you know.