Vibe Pass Escape Worth it?

Shynook11

For me the main reason to pay for Vibe is that it's adults only because on some sailings there might be too many children. The hot tub outside Vibe might be filled with children and lots of children might be running around, screaming there.

I shouldn't take that chance so I should pay for Vibe because it's adults only.

If you sail shoulder season or off season, there are very few kids onboard. That is typically when I book my cruises.

However, I can see your point for summer, spring, winter, holiday, etc. breaks. The Vibe is probably well worth it for the times of year when families vacation.

It’s totally worth it but you do have to get to the port before 9 to have any real chance if you’re not Haven, platinum or handicapped. We got the passes both times, are just regular cruisers and one time had Group 1, another time group 2, For us, Escape would have been a nightmare without them. Go for it.

For us' date=' Escape would have been a nightmare without them. Go for it.[/quote']

Quite the gamble. Not sure why anyone would play the vibe lottery. Easier to just book a better ship.

Though we have yet to sail on the Escape, we have gone on several cruises on the Breakaway. We've always successfully gotten Vibe passes and will always do so. We enjoy the strictly enforced "no kids" policy, ease of access to the bar, the child-free hot tubs, the quiet, etc... This includes our most recent cruise and we stayed in the Haven for the first time. We were told time and again on this board not to bother with Vibe since Haven comes with basically the same thing. Not wanting to risk being bombarded with kids due to Easter break, even with access to the courtyard and sundeck, we still bought Vibe access. We are limited to very popular travel seasons; my husband is a teacher/dean. When we saw so many children out and about, we were happy with the decision. We've booked the Haven on Escape this August, and will also buy the Vibe passes once again.

Quite the gamble. Not sure why anyone would play the vibe lottery. Easier to just book a better ship.

Escape was my first cruise with NCL. Having now gone, I know being in general population for a week would be too much for me. Way too many people with not enough pool space etc for the number onboard. True, I have "gambled" since, but I haven't even come close to not getting Vibe passes so long as I'm at the port by 9.

I only book this class of ship on NCL. I would go back to X for a smaller ship.