Excursions/things to do in Mahogany Bay or Belize??

lissajeff24

Here's another vote for Little French Key in Roatan. When booking you get the option to add a guided snorkel trip. We did this and it was just me, my DW, the guide, and boat driver. They took us over to a section of the reef, let us off the boat and the we drift snorkeled along the reef with the guide for about 500 yards. I've snorkeled all over the Caribbean and Hawaii and this was some of the most vivid and living reef systems I've ever seen. Service and food was wonderful.

In Belize we went cave tubing with cavetubing.bz. Really had an excellent time and the caves were quite interesting. Some places you could not see either entrance so thank goodness for the helmet lights they provide. Tubes have bottoms so you're not sitting in the water and they also have back rests. As a bonus you don't have to carry your tube with you. It's waiting for you at the entrance to the cave system.

Wife and I were just at roatan on the 12th of July did the myan princess all inclusive thru carnival.The resort is absolutely awesome great service very good food and all the drinks you care to have huge fresh water pool and of course the crystal clear water for snorkeling or diving.With all that being said the ride to the resort is a eye opener horrible roads some new roads are being installed but all in all,roads are very rough.The view of the island from the ship is paridise until you actually drive tru it.The island is basically a dumping ground.There is trash every where you look along your drive to get to your destination.I guess they have no trash service or just don't respect their island.The drive thru coxen hole is crazy looks like all the buildings and houses are about to fall down looks like a slum city.Just giving a honest review about the island, people were all great and seemed to be happy I guess just there way of life.Do either the Cozumel bar hop or mr sanchos in Cozumel.And yes Cozumel is none the better with litter and there houses and buildings being in very bad shape.

We just got off the Miracle with the same ports. Belize and Roatan were our absolute two favorite ports, and probably two of the top places we've ever visited. For Belize we used Grumpy and Happy, took a flight from the municipal airport and snorkeled off of Hol Chan on Ambergris Key. It was phenomenal. We took a cab outside of the port to the airport and never felt remotely unsafe. In Roatan we went with Bodden Tours, ziplined, monkeys/sloths, beach club, and hired a guy for $20 to take us out in his boat to snorkel. It was amazing. Same thing in Roatan- we were all over the island and never felt unsafe. So happy we didn't book things through the ship with the massive groups.

In Belize, we've done ziplining with Chukka through Carnival. We've done cave tubing through Vitalino Reyes' company cavetubing dot bz. We've done the River Wallace/Altun Ha through Carnival. The zipline & cave tubing were my favorites. The other was okay, but I think it was the hottest day of the year & we just kept wishing we'd done something where we could get in the water. Our neighbors did a Starfish Island excursion - I think it was through Carnival & thoroughly enjoyed it.

In Roatan, we've gone scubadiving with Anthony's Key Resort through Carnival. They are great. We've also stayed at the port, taken the chair lift down to the beach, even though you can walk down there. What I liked about the lift is the view and the fact that when you are tired at the end of the day, you're not having to walk uphill.