Bliss Family Oceanview opinions needed

Is it crazy to put 2 adults, a 15 year old and 2 12 year olds in a family oceanview on the Bliss? It's the most affordable option. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its doable but sharing a cruise cabin is different from sharing a hotel room, since the room are smaller so just be mindful about that. Whenever we travel, we don't spend much time in the room anyway. So we have always tried to save money on cabin whenever we can.

do the teenagers REALLY like each other - can't imagine how awful bickering and pouting would be in that small of a space! Is everyone extroverted, or does someone need time alone? Have you camped together? Have you looked at the photo of the bed set up? 2 of the kids would be sharing a bed (I think). Anyone get sea sick? Is everyone a night owl/morning person?

The Bliss is BIG, imagine trying to find a toilet if someone else was using the bathroom - with 5 people that will happen a lot!

I don't think anyone else can decide what is right for your family - but I would have a VERY honest conversation about sharing that little space & how will everyone adapt. It's an opportunity for an amazing vacation, or to make everyone miserable.

It is doable....last family cruise my wife and I shared a room with our two teenage daughters. I learnt quick that it worked best for me to get ready first (very quickly I should add) then wait in a bar for the beauty rituals to be completed. People we talked to thought we were crazy and maybe sharing a room with teenagers is, but it worked for us...barely! haha

We've always stayed in connecting balconies or connecting insides, so we are used to 2 bathrooms. Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I think we would be better off in 2 insides! Neglected to mention the kids are all girls! Would be even worse with one bathroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I haven't been on a cruise, we are a family of 5 and travel together. We were just at Disney and our hotel room there was similar in size to the family suite on Bliss (our hotel room may have had an additional 20 to 30 sq. ft). It was absolutely fine. We didn't spend much time in our room. One bathroom is tight, but fine. I mean, people live in houses with only one bathroom all the time.

There is another option, however. We are booked on Bliss for AK in 2019. It's about $2K more, but we have 4 people booked in a balcony cabin, and 1 person booked in a studio across the hall (I think deck 7). If you were willing to do an ocean view and then a studio, you could get that price point down a bit (though maybe wouldn't be on the same deck). Just something to think about. I'm still kind of torn on spending the extra money, but likely will. For AK, I really wanted a balcony option.

We've always stayed in connecting balconies or connecting insides, so we are used to 2 bathrooms. Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I think we would be better off in 2 insides! Neglected to mention the kids are all girls! Would be even worse with one bathroom!

If the budget will stretch a little farther, you might consider an balcony cabin and an inside cabin across the corridor from it. Then you end up with one balcony, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms.