Haven Sundesk on Escape

apietros

A few to no complaints where? Here or on the ship? LOTS of complaints about kids here Lol. You might one to do some reading of reviews. It seems like every other review of the Haven their is a problem with unruly kids

Few to no complaints about poor behavior on the Sundeck. Most, if not all of the complaints I've seen are about the courtyard and pool area.

Few to no complaints about poor behavior on the Sundeck. Most, if not all of the complaints I've seen are about the courtyard and pool area.

The problem is not the deck , it is the pool area. If everyone calls corporate in Miami and complains enough something will be done. I have, we pulled our deposit on the new Encore last week. Kids jumping from chairs to the pool, kids crawling all over you in the hot tubs. The newer generation of parenting has changed . There is no discipline anymore, some afraid to scold their children and some don't care . Now that is not for all parents but it is getting the majority allow their children do what ever they want. I have been in childcare for 23 yrs. I see it all the time, I say don't let them slap you in the face , but they do and I am told they are expressing themselves. So if addressing the parents doesn't work go straight to hotel director . That is about all anyone can do , but I fore see the Haven going 18 and up if parents can not make their children behave . Yes I have seen bad behavior in adults but the do have a lock up on board if it gets bad because they answer for their actions , parents have to answer for the children who are being disrespectful and apparently they are not from everything posted the last couple years .

The problem is not the deck , it is the pool area. .

Right, so they are fixing the problems in the pool area by restricting the sun deck... That's what I don't follow.

Perhaps a good solution would be an "adult swim" type situation where for certain hours, it's adults only.

I’ve seen complaints of kids taking over the upper sundeck hot tub as well. So there have been reports.

But aside from that, I understand the idea. They’ve never said kids can’t play in the Haven, so okay let them play in the lower level, and then make the upper sun deck an adult only peaceful zone. If only there was a word for that. Oh yeah, a Haven. ;)

I agree a whole-Haven “quiet pool” set of rules for all floors would be better, especially for us since we don’t have kids, but a strict age restriction is easier to enforce than a behavior policy that would always be open to interpretation.

The problem is not the deck , it is the pool area. If everyone calls corporate in Miami and complains enough something will be done. I have, we pulled our deposit on the new Encore last week. Kids jumping from chairs to the pool, kids crawling all over you in the hot tubs. The newer generation of parenting has changed . There is no discipline anymore, some afraid to scold their children and some don't care . Now that is not for all parents but it is getting the majority allow their children do what ever they want. I have been in childcare for 23 yrs. I see it all the time, I say don't let them slap you in the face , but they do and I am told they are expressing themselves. So if addressing the parents doesn't work go straight to hotel director . That is about all anyone can do , but I fore see the Haven going 18 and up if parents can not make their children behave . Yes I have seen bad behavior in adults but the do have a lock up on board if it gets bad because they answer for their actions , parents have to answer for the children who are being disrespectful and apparently they are not from everything posted the last couple years .

No need to call Norwegian. Just stop booking the Haven. This will catch up to them eventually. We sailed NCL once, in the Haven, and never again. I'd request a refund but obviously that would never happen. I feel really bad for couples who book nice spa suites and Haven cabins, expecting a classy, suite level experience and get thrown into an unruly daycare instead. It's a terrible product, unless you have kids, of course.

I have 2 young kids. We left them with grandma and went on a cruise as a couple, paid for the Haven, and couldn't have been more disappointed. I keep thinking maybe I'd book Haven again, 3rd and 4th free type deals, why not? Take the kids and let them loose. But I'm just not that terrible of a person so I can't get myself to do it. I'd be way too uncomfortable ruining other peoples vacations. Too bad more people aren't decent.

We've been on many cruises & love being in the Haven. We usually cruise while school is in session so we've never had a problem with kids taking over the pool or spas. Most times the courtyard was empty. No matter where you go during school break or June, July, August, you have to know there will be kids. Yes you're paying top $ to be in the Haven but to me all the amenities make it worth it.

I'll also add that it doesn't help that on the newest ships, if you want a 2-BR suite, your only option is the Haven. We were happy to have a non-Haven 2-BR suite on the Gem, but that's not an option on the Escape.