Haven Sundesk on Escape

apietros

Last week I witnessed one hot tub filled with young boys. The other hot tub had a group of kids taking turns jumping in from the side and an attendant standing next to it with a big squeegee broom cleaning up the water each time a kid took a turn. Earlier that day a toddler was in that same hot tub. A few days before kids jumping from lounger to lounger in the shallow part (so dangerous in my opinion). Something guests should know before spending the money for the Haven. The courtyard area was great if you have kids - if you don’t have kids the area in my opinion was unusable most of the week. Can an adult really get in a hot tub with someone else’s kids? In my opinion no. As long as I know this before I book I’m fine with it.

Correct. We learned the hard way as well that the Haven is a family area and essentially a daycare. The courtyard was virtually unusable on our sailing, too. I would never book the Haven again unless I was taking my 2 young kids and just letting them run wild in the Haven... if you can't beat them...

I don't see why anyone would sail NCL for the Haven unless they had kids. Why pay so much? Just sail Royal Caribbean in a standard cabin, the solarium is better than the Haven and no kids.

Don't get me wrong i love kids have kids adult now.

But if these children are running amok without their parents supervising i will say something. It can be very dangerous too. Ive seen parents actually turn their backs while their kids are in the pool. Unbelievable!!

Yes, we paid a lot of money and do realize this allows families but if i see a child with a swim diaper i will not be happy nor my husband. and you don't want to get him upset;p LOL

Hopefully, the July 1st sailing will be ok as far as kids using the Jacuzzi and such .

We do have a Haven Spa cabin so i guess well be able to use that in some relaxing way.

There should be a space where adults can go to relax~~ so i see no harm with that sign 16+

Liz:D

The parents are supervising. They are sitting on the loungers reading books. It's a perfect, contained area to let your kid play while you relax. The Haven is an outstanding family spot. If you are expecting the serene, spa like atmosphere from the NCL advertisements, it can be hit or miss.

Correct. We learned the hard way as well that the Haven is a family area and essentially a daycare. The courtyard was virtually unusable on our sailing, too. I would never book the Haven again unless I was taking my 2 young kids and just letting them run wild in the Haven... if you can't beat them...

I don't see why anyone would sail NCL for the Haven unless they had kids. Why pay so much? Just sail Royal Caribbean in a standard cabin, the solarium is better than the Haven and no kids.

There were two families in the Epic Haven dining room that just really amazed me. One allowed their two kids to crawl (literally) all over the floor during dinner, and the other family allowed their children to speak to the wait staff like they were their personal servants. Regardless, Epic Haven was wonderful because we had Posh to "escape" to. It's nice to see that they are considering adult only Haven areas as well. Not everyone wants to be subjected to spoiled junior's antics while on vacation.

Don't get me wrong i love kids have kids adult now.

But if these children are running amok without their parents supervising i will say something. It can be very dangerous too. Ive seen parents actually turn their backs while their kids are in the pool. Unbelievable!!

Yes, we paid a lot of money and do realize this allows families but if i see a child with a swim diaper i will not be happy nor my husband. and you don't want to get him upset;p LOL

Hopefully, the July 1st sailing will be ok as far as kids using the Jacuzzi and such .

We do have a Haven Spa cabin so i guess well be able to use that in some relaxing way.

There should be a space where adults can go to relax~~ so i see no harm with that sign 16+

With the Bermuda sailings the end of the cruise the kid factor gets old because your first two days you are in love with the area and say oh we will come back when the kiddos are not around another day. People do other activities in other areas. Then the next 2.5 days are in Bermuda and they are loving getting off the ship and seeing more new stuff. I think the problem hits the fan on that last sea day when you have done most of the things and just want to lay out and have peace and quiet only to find that sure you can go upstairs and lay out but the screaming is nerve wracking because it echos off the walls. On last weeks cruise Friday had very high winds so the outside was not really usuable and the top area filled up quickly so people probably were not very happy. Staff was scrambling to try to get more seating set up so I imagine some might have said what the heck?

We were on the Escape last week also. The kids took over the pool and hot tubs and were very noisy. It was not the peaceful area we thought we paid for. We tried to go out on the outside sun deck but there were no loungers available or it was too windy so we had to use the inside sun deck. The noise from the pool area seemed even worse there. It was horrendous. The only day we could use the pool area was the first day in Bermuda when everyone was off the ship. While the other amenities offered in the Haven were wonderful we will not be doing the Haven again.

Oh Well

Being our first time in the Haven and probably our last. i will try to go with the flow. But it looks like that area of the Haven will not be so Haven.:(

And i really hate to spend the extra on the Vibe:eek:

But like I said we have a Haven Spa cabin so i guess we'll be in there

I did too, but a few months ago,its not that "friendly" is it?

Marion

I was really put a back by some of the organizers of one of groups for our July 1st cruise. Got a very snarky answer.

They think who they are and get a swelled head.

Will not be looking at that page anymore as well

Liz:)

We were on the Escape last week also. The kids took over the pool and hot tubs and were very noisy. It was not the peaceful area we thought we paid for. We tried to go out on the outside sun deck but there were no loungers available or it was too windy so we had to use the inside sun deck. The noise from the pool area seemed even worse there. It was horrendous. The only day we could use the pool area was the first day in Bermuda when everyone was off the ship. While the other amenities offered in the Haven were wonderful we will not be doing the Haven again.

I wish more people would talk about this. It's a real issue. People pay a lot of money for a Shang Ri La retreat per the advertising, and get a kindergarten instead. The Haven is a family area, which is the opposite of what people expect when booking suites like this.

I wish more people would talk about this. It's a real issue. People pay a lot of money for a Shang Ri La retreat per the advertising, and get a kindergarten instead. The Haven is a family area, which is the opposite of what people expect when booking suites like this.

That's certainly the impression i got when i went to book.. I'm sure it will still be an amazing time. Cant wait until July 1st. Not to long now:D

That's certainly the impression i got when i went to book.. I'm sure it will still be an amazing time. Cant wait until July 1st. Not to long now:D

Since you are mentally prepared for it, you'll enjoy it. I was caught off guard and didn't adjust during the cruise to it completely. We still had a nice time, but it was the first cruise I've ever been on, and we were in the Haven mind you, where my wife and I were both basically "Eh, I'm just looking forward to getting off the ship tomorrow and going home."

The issue with kids is so bad that the concierge obviously felt the need to at least make the sun deck portion adults only as posted above. The Haven is full of 2 bedroom suites, and loaded with kids and families. It's not at all what NCL sells it as and is insulting considering the price tag.

Since you are mentally prepared for it, you'll enjoy it. I was caught off guard and didn't adjust during the cruise to it completely. We still had a nice time, but it was the first cruise I've ever been on, and we were in the Haven mind you, where my wife and I were both basically "Eh, I'm just looking forward to getting off the ship tomorrow and going home."

The issue with kids is so bad that the concierge obviously felt the need to at least make the sun deck portion adults only as posted above. The Haven is full of 2 bedroom suites, and loaded with kids and families. It's not at all what NCL sells it as and is insulting considering the price tag.

Totally agree. So sorry this was a a disappointment especially being your 1st cruise.

Try Royal Caribbean. They're amazing!! We wanted to try a new line and really liked the Breakaway. So we decided to splurge and get a Haven cabin. Well like you said i'm mentally prepared LOL

Hi friends! I read on another forum that the Haven sundeck does not allow children anymore. I kind of don’t believe this — does anyone know??

TIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Immediately as of yesterday , no one under 16 allowed on the sundecks .

Totally agree. So sorry this was a a disappointment especially being your 1st cruise.

Try Royal Caribbean. They're amazing!! We wanted to try a new line and really liked the Breakaway. So we decided to splurge and get a Haven cabin. Well like you said i'm mentally prepared LOL

Definitely not my first cruise! We wanted to venture out and try something new and never sailed ncl. So got a baby sitter and planned a spa retreat haven getaway with the wife. Lol, wish we had brought the kids! We still had a nice time and ncl does a lot right, if you liked breakaway then you know what to expect, with the Haven being even better. I can't recommend the spa enough. Boy did ncl do an amazing job with that.

Definitely not my first cruise! We wanted to venture out and try something new and never sailed ncl. So got a baby sitter and planned a spa retreat haven getaway with the wife. Lol, wish we had brought the kids! We still had a nice time and ncl does a lot right, if you liked breakaway then you know what to expect, with the Haven being even better. I can't recommend the spa enough. Boy did ncl do an amazing job with that.

oh sorry i misunderstood thinking this was your first cruise:o

Yes im looking forward to relaxing in the Jacuzzi by the window in the cabin. that's a nice feature.

They should probably advertise the Haven for a more family friendly Haven experience. Not for cruisers looking to get a nice quiet relaxing getaway.

oh sorry i misunderstood thinking this was your first cruise:o

Yes im looking forward to relaxing in the Jacuzzi by the window in the cabin. that's a nice feature.

They should probably advertise the Haven for a more family friendly Haven experience. Not for cruisers looking to get a nice quiet relaxing getaway.

To be fair and unbiased, the advertising definitely shows kids in the Haven. I just think we don't process that when we see the advertising. People don't generally equate luxury with kids snorkeling in hot tubs ;)

To be fair and unbiased, the advertising definitely shows kids in the Haven. I just think we don't process that when we see the advertising. People don't generally equate luxury with kids snorkeling in hot tubs ;)

Maybe you're right.

.In most of the advertising that i saw it showed couples relaxing or in the pool .Maybe i was in denial LOL

i don't remember seeing kids in the pool.Or in the Jacuzzi?? Is there just one Jacuzzi in the Haven?

If they have 2 maybe designate one for kids and the other for adults??

It will be fine~~ i now know what to expect;)

Maybe you're right.

.In most of the advertising that i saw it showed couples relaxing or in the pool .Maybe i was in denial LOL

i don't remember seeing kids in the pool.Or in the Jacuzzi?? Is there just one Jacuzzi in the Haven?

Go look at the Haven page on NCL. One of the pictures is a family with a kid, maybe 10 years old, in the pool!

Don't stress it. You'll have a great time.

Go look at the Haven page on NCL. One of the pictures is a family with a kid, maybe 10 years old, in the pool!

Don't stress it. You'll have a great time.

No i'm really not too stressed LOL I couldn't even use the main pool on the Breakaway. So it will be fine. As long as i can swim in the Spa its all good:D

The parents are supervising. They are sitting on the loungers reading books. It's a perfect, contained area to let your kid play while you relax. The Haven is an outstanding family spot. If you are expecting the serene, spa like atmosphere from the NCL advertisements, it can be hit or miss.

This was exactly how it was last week for us on Escape. Parent there reading books and kids splashing in pool or playing in corners.

Last day someone managed to declare pool and splash area off limits.

There were two families in the Epic Haven dining room that just really amazed me. One allowed their two kids to crawl (literally) all over the floor during dinner, and the other family allowed their children to speak to the wait staff like they were their personal servants. Regardless, Epic Haven was wonderful because we had Posh to "escape" to. It's nice to see that they are considering adult only Haven areas as well. Not everyone wants to be subjected to spoiled junior's antics while on vacation.

Yep, we had that too a couple times last week on Escape. A couple families, one in particular with two boys maybe 3 & 4 in Haven restaurant. Youngest would yell/scream - mom would say "stop" and kid would yell again. Then the two would run around restaurant with staff literally corralling them back to parents. Mom did little and dad did nothing.

ETA: This is a parent issue not NCL.

With the Bermuda sailings the end of the cruise the kid factor gets old because your first two days you are in love with the area and say oh we will come back when the kiddos are not around another day. People do other activities in other areas. Then the next 2.5 days are in Bermuda and they are loving getting off the ship and seeing more new stuff. I think the problem hits the fan on that last sea day when you have done most of the things and just want to lay out and have peace and quiet only to find that sure you can go upstairs and lay out but the screaming is nerve wracking because it echos off the walls. On last weeks cruise Friday had very high winds so the outside was not really usuable and the top area filled up quickly so people probably were not very happy. Staff was scrambling to try to get more seating set up so I imagine some might have said what the heck?

The last day was the busiest. Did either of you hear/see what happened to close down the pool and shallow area?

Maybe you're right.

There are 2 hot tubs in the courtyard area - one designated for adults only. Meaning children are allowed in the other one. And one on the upper outside sundeck.