Table for two

Jamara

My husband & I have sailed X many times and now always have a table for two which we love for many reasons. I want to try HAL Noordam and need to convince my DH but this could be a sticking point. Has anyone had a table for 2 and was it easy to get?

I know that this board is the easiest way to get the information- you seem to know better than the TA who always advises I will get what I request.

When we were on the Noordam's sister ship Oosterdam, we requested a table for two when we booked our cruise and sure enough, we got it when we boarded.

We were not in a suite or anything either.

If for some reason you don't get your table for 2 when you get on board, they always have a time where you can change your request with the Maitre'd. It was like we were going in to see "the godfather" :D or something. You had to take a number and wait out side until they called you into the room. There he was with the assit. MD and they had their laptop and tried to accomidate everyones requests.

We were at the early seating and we wanted to change it to late, and it was done.

Pretty easy.

My husband & I have sailed X many times and now always have a table for two which we love for many reasons. I want to try HAL Noordam and need to convince my DH but this could be a sticking point. Has anyone had a table for 2 and was it easy to get?

I know that this board is the easiest way to get the information- you seem to know better than the TA who always advises I will get what I request.

Jamara,

My wife and I love Celebrity, but this is one area HAL really shines! You can request, not only a table for two, but a specific table number. If the Noordam has the same numbering system as the Zuiderdam, I can recommend several tables for two. It will depend on your seating times, as 1/4 of the people will be seated upstairs; one half hour later the next 1/4 will be seated downstairs..., On the Zuiderdam we were seated up stairs on the railing at table #79. Not to worry, as the Vista class ships of HAL have many two tops!

Good Luck!

Kel

I'll chime in with the others. The vast majority of the time, if your TA puts in the request in a timely manner (or you call Ship Services yourself), you will get the table for two. They won't promise it unless you are in a Suite but most people have that request met.

Our TA submits a fax to HAL requesting a table for two at the time of booking and submits a second fax approximately a month before the cruise. We usually give her specific table numbers and we are successful in having a table for two during the last twenty cruises with HAL.

We do find requesting a diagram of the dining room with table numbers and locations very helpful.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.:)

We have requested a table for 2 twice. Once in 2001 and we were seated at a table for 6. Since everyone showed up the first night we felt awkward to request a change. We have learned a lesson since. This last cruise (Christmas) we asked for a table for 2 and received a table for 4 at the latest seating (which we also had not requested) and opted to request a change. Even though we had double checked with travel agent about table size and seating, HAL had us down as requesting a table for 4. We were very happy when, on our second day on board, we received notice that we had been switched to a table for 2 main upper as we had originally requested.

Happy Sails! Colette

Being able to request a table location is a very good idea. We were on the Maasdam for 28 days and at first were surrounded by large tables, the people were yelling across the table to each other and it became so noisy,

We asked to change to a 2 top along the rail and we could enjoy our meal in peace.

Archived