Repositioning Cruise - inclusions

astrocat

Hi all quick qu re positioning cruise Rome - Abu Dhabi

Are the deals for RS likely to be different to normal

Eg are beverage pkges, internet and gratuities be likely to be included with the suite ?

Seems it may be classed similarly to

a TA?

Cheers and thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all quick qu re positioning cruise Rome - Abu Dhabi

Are the deals for RS likely to be different to normal

Eg are beverage pkges, internet and gratuities be likely to be included with the suite ?

Seems it may be classed similarly to

a TA?

Cheers and thanks

The perks with your RS (WiFi, unlimited dining, premium drinks package, bar set up, laundry...) will be included.

What may not be included are gratuities and OBC...

Hmmm Chemmo that is what I hoped but I just did a trial booking and it seems to show only the suite. No mention of the specialities etc. Perhaps we need to wait for some kind of deal? The departure I was looking at is November 2019.

For instance, when I go here https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

and click on the "view offer" it says "this page no longer exists."

Have they done away with those offers for suites?

Scroll down through the suite-class link and you will see the amenities included with the Royal Suite itself - premium beverage package and specialty restaurants are included. Those are not “offers” that come and go - they come with booking an RS.

^^^ this is what I thought and what I understood from our previous experience in RS. I don’t think the wholesaler is providing good advice to our agent.

My husband has been told we won’t get premium drinks or internet included on this cruise in a RS.

Unless this is a charter (which I don’t think it is) this is very unlikely....phone or email a couple of alternative TAs and X themselves....Are you sure you are getting quotes for a RS and not a SS or CS? Neither of which come with these perks as integral parts of the suite although often offered on many cruises.

Premium drinks, WiFi and unlimited speciality dining are RS inclusions and not subject to ‘perks’ availability.

Very interested in your response. Regular RS cruisers and have done repositions and never lost our RS perks.

Thanks v much Chemmo, will certainly let you know. Hopefully just some confusion by the wholesaler.

The Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites receive Premium Drink Package, Unlimited Internet and Unlimited Specialty Dining as an automatic suite perk. It will not be listed as an "offer" at the time of booking, it just automatically comes with the suite. On many (most) sailings suites receive the Go Best perks (Premium Drink Package, Unlimited Internet, Pre-Paid Gratuities and $300 OBC) - the Go Best package generally does not come with suites on Transatlantic and Repositioning cruises, but this has zero impact on the perks that autmatically come with a Royal Suite or Penthouse Suite. Just like when you book Luminae and Michael's Club don't come up as "offers" at the time of booking - they just automatically come with the suite (as Premium Beverage, Unlimited Internet and Unlimited Specialty Dining) come with Royal and Penthouse suites. Only situation where this might not be included (so far as I know) would be potentially on a charter (as charters come with their own unique set of conditions in terms of what is included - whatever is agreed upon between the charter and the cruise line).

Here is a link to the perks that automatically come with a Royal Suite (regardless of what offers are available at time of booking):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/royal-suite

The Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites receive Premium Drink Package, Unlimited Internet and Unlimited Specialty Dining as an automatic suite perk. It will not be listed as an "offer" at the time of booking, it just automatically comes with the suite. On many (most) sailings suites receive the Go Best perks (Premium Drink Package, Unlimited Internet, Pre-Paid Gratuities and $300 OBC) - the Go Best package generally does not come with suites on Transatlantic and Repositioning cruises, but this has zero impact on the perks that autmatically come with a Royal Suite or Penthouse Suite. Just like when you book Luminae and Michael's Club don't come up as "offers" at the time of booking - they just automatically come with the suite (as Premium Beverage, Unlimited Internet and Unlimited Specialty Dining) come with Royal and Penthouse suites. Only situation where this might not be included (so far as I know) would be potentially on a charter (as charters come with their own unique set of conditions in terms of what is included - whatever is agreed upon between the charter and the cruise line).

Really appreciate this reinforcement. I will be contacting X today . We have a great TA here but I believe they are being fed the wrong info by a wholesaler

We’re booked!

Respectfully challenged the advice our excellent TA was being given and yes we do indeed get the expected suite entitlements.

Dining , premium beverage and internet all included.

Thanks for your positive reinforcement and good advice as always.

Astrocat

We’re booked!

Respectfully challenged the advice our excellent TA was being given and yes we do indeed get the expected suite entitlements.

Dining , premium beverage and internet all included.

Thanks for your positive reinforcement and good advice as always.

Astrocat

Great news, now look forward to enjoying your cruise!