Best Cabin to Help Avoid Motion Sickness

mommatee

My fiancee and I are going on a cruise for our honeymoon. He has a really weak stomach and gets car sick/motion sick pretty easy. He will go to the Dr. to get the patch and/or medicine to take and I do know the boat is big and he probably won't feel it and everything, but we are getting a cabin with a balcony. Would it be worse for him to be looking out of the side or the very back of the ship? Thanks.

Looking out the back would affect him more. Also, balcony deks are great but remember the higher up on the ship you go, the more tendency to feel the rocking. I also suggest that he start taking BONINE the morniong you leave and continue taking it every morning. You can purchase BONINE at any drug store. Good luck

You would want to stay low...midship. Please stay away from the aft. I have never felt movement but then again I dont get sea sick either. There is a sea band that he can wear on his wrists- these can be purchased at the drug stores. With bonine they can tend to make one drowsey.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

wheter you fell anything depends on what time of year and where you are sailing also. Summer in the carib is wonderful (most of the time) but our last cruise out of baltimore last Nov we rocked and rolled the entire 11 days. I love the roll of the ship at night, it puts me to sleep like rocking a baby, but many others didnt enjoy the cruise at all. And low is much better if you get seasick and dont have meds to get you thru. You will see many fellow patch people aboard the ship. Have a great time.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;03;27;20;00;00&timezone=pT-2000src="http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif" alt="Time By Escati

Please have your fiancee check with the doctor when he goes to get his prescription for the patch. I don't believe you should use bonine, or any other motion sickness meds when wearing the patch, but you can check with the Dr. Also, drinking alchohol may be a problem. I think the patch is great, and it has enabled me to cruise, but some people may have side effects........the Doc can tell you....

Have a great cruise, and

a wonderful life........much happiness to you!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hawaii - On the Island

When we first staarted cruising I did not know I had motion sickness but I suffered thru my first six ior eight cruises until I found the right medicine. My Dr. will not let me use the patch as he says it affects other parts of the body too strongly. So I use a compound formula of scpolomine(the patch) that is combuined with other medications. You have to get a prescrip from your Dr. I have now the assurance of going on the ship and not suffering. Midships and as low as you can get is the best for any one with motion sickness. After 18 cruises I have learned most of the tricks.. Have tried Bonnine and wrist bands and nothing worked. Hope this helps.

I am afraid that I will get motion sickness. We booked an inside stateroom on Baja (ll) on Coral Princess sailing from Vancouver to Whittier, end of July. Does anyone have any opinion if I should change to the plaza (5) deck--which is the lower part of the ship?

I have cruised for 16 years and the first dozen cruises were sometimes less than pleasant due to my motion sickness, I have tried everything but have found a compounded formula of weakened scopolimine works. It is a prescrip and is made by a compounding pharmasist. I have had no trouble since. The best place to be is center of the ship and as low as

you can get. Hope this helps.

P.S. Somewhere on this board I suggested this to another person and got a very hostile reply from another member of the board.I can only tell you what works for me.

Archived