15% Cruise Credit due to past cruise issues- need help with how it works

We were on the Glory in Jan of 17. Second to last cruise before she went to drydock. Had issues with the vibrations and the noise due to a bad propeller. We received a 20% refund of our room and then a 15% discount for a 2-7 day cruise that we have to use by Jan of 19. Planning on cruising the first week of Januanry. I have a question regarding the 15% off. The letter states both my husband and my name on it. It says it is good for one booking and for all the members of our cabin. So, to me, that seems like we both get to use it. Now here is where my question lies. Does anyone know if we each are entitled to this credit or if only one of us can use it? I called customer service and they were not helpful. Sent an email to my PVP and waiting to hear back.

We are considering upgrading to a balcony for us and an inside for our girls if only one of us can use it. But, if we both are entitled to use it we would book two separate ocean views so that our girls get a room with a view. I know, selfish of us to book a balcony for us and an inside for the girls, but they get the benefit of it too. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear you had issues with noise and vibrations! We received a letter during our previous cruise which described the process on how to apply the discount to a future cruise (it included an URL as well), and my experience is that you won't receive the discount as a credit, but that the discount will be applied to the remaining balance after paying your deposit. So it basically is applied to the total amount of the booking and you will not receive an onboard credit.

Edited by RobertL88
Typos

The way it works, whatever amount you paid for the room on that cruise, you get 15% to use on another cruise. The first cruise was for two people and your new cruise will be for two people. So for example, if you paid $2,000 for that cruise, you will get $300 off another one. That’s it. You won’t get $300 each towards another cruise, if that’s what you are thinking. If you really want to look at it per person, then think of it this way. In my example it was $1,000 per person, and each person’s 15% of that is $150. Which adds up to $300 for both people. Still the same savings as in my first example.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I were on a cruise in June. We got a "20% off the next cruise" credit.

I booked and paid the deposit. Then I used the link for the credit. They gave each of us 10 %....total 20%....towards the balance due.

It might be that if you sail separately, each person would get a 10% credit. So, if one adult and one kid per cabin....each cabin would get the 10% credit. It comes out to the same thing.

Based on this, (thinking only) if I booked a cruise with someone else (friend etc...not DH) I'd only get my 10% off my share of the cost. DH's 10% would be in his "credit bank".

We got a 25% discount once for relocating to Canada during a hurricane. Was DH and myself. Must use within 2 years. I booked next cruise, gave them the booking number of last cruise and they took off 25% off the room cost for each of us. Booked to Bermuda since that one is expensive and saved a lot of money using the discount.