Wine bottles purchased on board from Celebrity

InnerChild

I’m wondering about pre-purchasing the option to select bottles of wine when on a Celebrity ship. If purchased by one individual in the reservation, I’m wondering if they have any issue with that wine being consumed as a shared bottle at the table with other adult passengers?

This seems like one way to have wine in the dining room at a “reasonable” cost without incurring the $25 corkage fee.

I know I can bring a glass from my room but there are evenings where I would prefer more than one pour with my meal.

I do not have a drinks package for my next sailing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are not on a drink package and purchase a bottle of wine outright, no one cares if you share. You can also take any leftover wine to your room or, in most venues, leave it with the wait staff who will hold it for your next visit.

I am not clear on what you mean by "pre-purchasing the option to select bottles of wine". Are you talking about a wine package (like those available on some Princess cruises) where you pre-pay for a specified number of bottles and in various categories? Celebrity did not offer this on our last cruise, have they now added it?

No issue at all. We have often shared with others, or our family.

In fact, on one cruise we shared with another couple we just met. It was their first cruise, and I guess they assumed that the bottle on the table was for all :eek:. It wasn't until the third night that the waiter mentioned it to them after dinner. They were a very nice very young couple, and we really did not mind.

If you are not on a drink package and purchase a bottle of wine outright, no one cares if you share. You can also take any leftover wine to your room or, in most venues, leave it with the wait staff who will hold it for your next visit.

I am not clear on what you mean by "pre-purchasing the option to select bottles of wine". Are you talking about a wine package (like those available on some Princess cruises) where you pre-pay for a specified number of bottles and in various categories? Celebrity did not offer this on our last cruise, have they now added it?

from our cruise planner, starting at $109, representing about a 10% discount

Overview

With the Classic Package, savor premium international wines. Sample wines such as Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and Malbec from Argentina. Package pricing represents a savings of 10% off regular list prices. Price shown will reflect package price based on 3, 5, or 7 bottle selections.

We proudly offer this premium, international collection, each hand selected for your pleasure.

Sparkling

White

Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Grigio

Rosé / Blush

Red

Malbec Blend, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Garnacha, Zinfandel, Tempranillo, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot

Thank you for the information. Yes, the last post describes the pre-purchase package I am considering. I think it is only available pre-cruise.

Now I can plan to enjoy my dinners a little more!

Celebrity often sells bottles of wine during lunch in the buffet area bar at a discount....generally $25 a bottle. You can enjoy that bottle with lunch, take it back to your stateroom, drink it anywhere on the ship...except in the restaurants. It's a good way to buy OK wine for your stateroom. Just be aware of the restrictions.

Excellent information! I’ve recently sailed Princess and I really enjoyed bringing as much wine as I desired and paying a nominal corkage fee. Pluses and minuses to each cruise line when it comes down to it.