The new Mega Cruise ships

Teros

The question was whether Princess offers the specific cruising experience that those folks who were touting that class were venerating in prior posts. Another question is whether Princess is going to add to that portion of their fleet or instead are they going to let that portion of their fleet continue to shrink and instead add more bigger ships such as the three 143,700 GT ships that they currently have on order.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I'm going to throw in a prediction here. Azamara just bought P&O's R class ship and it's maiden voyage under Azamara is very soon. I predict that within two years, Azamara will buy Princess's R class ship to make 4 in Azamara's fleet.

...Princess still has one of the R-class ships (same size and build as Azamara's and two of Oceania's ships).

I just came off the Pacific Princess after doing several Azamara cruises as the Pacific Princess had the itinerary that I wanted. They are all the same ships physically but there is no comparison between the Pacific Princess and the Azamara experience. Azamara is basically all inclusive. Princess nickels and dimes you to death for many items that are free on Azamara. Also, I found that the Azamara crew is much friendlier and welcoming as compared to the Princess crew. One of these days I will try the Oceania R class experience but as far as the Princess versus Azamara R class experience, I think that I will stick with Azamara.

DON