Aqaba

manc

Anyone got any ideas about what to do in Aqaba as there isn't an evening excursion

Is ot possible to go into town and wander round on your own?

Will there be a shuttle bus?

Depends how long you’re there. It’s possible to do a tour to Wadi Rum. If you are there for a full day & haven’t been to Petra, then do go there. Azamara probably offer an excursion, or you could book a private tour.

DH, who is not someone who enjoys archeological tours, sites etc, said it was one of the very best places he’d ever been to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may be able to book a sunset tour to Wadi Rum. It may also be worth a walk around Aqaba during the evening. We drove through it and it’s just a seaside town, nothing special there as far as we could see. Have you looked at Trip Advisor to get ideas?

You may be able to book a sunset tour to Wadi Rum. It may also be worth a walk around Aqaba during the evening. We drove through it and it’s just a seaside town, nothing special there as far as we could see. Have you looked at Trip Advisor to get ideas?

We've been on quite a few land tours in the Middle East. The two days in Aqaba were fun. Petra was outstanding annd our trip to Wadi Rum was superb.

The almost nightly lantern walk into Petra with flute playing, simple drumming and story-telling was one of the highlights of our 10 days in Jordan. If Az offer this as a tour, take it ----but take a torch too!

Wadi Rum was fab. We loved visiting a couple of sites linked with Lawrence of Arabia. We also had tea with bedouins and we climbed to the top of some of the hills. There was an opportunity to ride camels but the trek uses Toyota-camels.

Would we do it again? Yes!

Aqaba in the evenings: we didn't wander too far from our hotel (Movenpick) but we did sit outside a bar and watch the world go by.

We were overnight there on the Quest in 2016. It was the only place on a Singapore to Dubai to Athens cruise that we felt intimidated. Their younger generation were quite vocal to us in the streets saying ‘go home yanks’ (though we’re Aussies it still upset us). Very traditional which in itself is what we travel for, just a bit unsettling at the time because we’ve always been welcomed everywhere we go. Just a reminder that it’s a poor country, not everyone is happy to see tourists, and what you may encounter. Maybe a shuttle but possibly not if you’re not arriving until 5pm. It’s an industrial port and no taxis come to the ship that I’m aware of. The men in the Souk wouldn’t serve me or speak to me so at least I could shop with out being hassled. Don’t know how the single ladies would get on with their shopping. Dress conservatively and leave your jewellery in the safe on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums