Airports near Los Angeles

We are taking the Radiance on a 15 night relo out of Los Angeles in October 2006. Our favorite airline is Jet Blue, which flies into Long Beach Airport. Is that airport close to the cruiseship terminal in LA? Are there shuttles running between the airport and terminal? Or should we look at a closer airport?

Thanks in advance

It's about 15 miles from the Long Beach airport to the San Pedro Pier, and about 20 miles from LAX to the pier. LGB is the better place to fly in & out of - there are only 45 or so flights a day, so there is virtually no congestion or hassle getting in & out of the terminal. You will still likely be on the San Diego Freeway for a portion of the ride, and it can be very congested, but it usually isn't as nasty as the traffic around LAX.

The cabs have a fixed fare to the pier, I think it was $34 when we passed by the sign last time we came home. You can also take Prime Time Shuttle or SuperShuttle, but the cabs are very convenient, and with the fixed price, you won't really care what route the cabbie takes.

I'll second what critterchick stated. LAX is not a whole lot farther than Long Beach, but can take longer due to traffic. Long Beach is a wonderful airport compared to LAX, kind of like stepping back in time.

I'd not take ship transfers, grab a cab or private shuttle.

Archived