Liberty Balcony state rooms 8D aft

Big Spanker

Actually, the 8B's on Empress are wonderful.... I just asked my Mom and she loved it (they were Aft) in 7446.

She said it was nice and quiet back there.

The 8D's are on the Lido deck, forward on the Liberty.

That is where we book, cause noise does not faze us one bit, and I like to stumble outside for my coffee and not have to deal with an elevator int he mornings :)

wow-- that is odd-- but carnival was having a free upgrade there for a bit. Maybe you got in with that deal.

Kids booked the destiny...and for less then 500 got an inside on the lido deck

Serene - would love to hear how you feel about side balconies when you return. IMHO they are better, but then I've only tried an aft once (looks like in '07, I'll try again). I just like being able to see where we are going and the great breezes.

We are booked 7434 on the Liberty--first time a side balcony for us as every cruise to date was one on the direct aft of the ships.

We were in 7431 on the 12/10 sailing. First time having a balcony room.....it was great. The only noise we heard in the halls were occasionally the people across the way talking (a bit loudly) while waiting for others in their party. Not a big deal.

We also kept our balcony door opened by using the door stop. We were awakened a couple of times from people being very loud on their balconies. Once it was the women next to us at 6:30am another time, I think around 3ish, was actually one floor up and one cabin over. I guess the guys just came in and they were really loud. My husband woke up and went out and yelled up to them. Must have worked 'cuz we didn't hear anything from them again.

You'll be in a great location if you're in the Silver dining room. Stairs and elevators are close by. But you're in for a long haul on the days you're in port. Just remember to walk all the way to the front of the ship before heading down. It makes it a lot easier and less crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

Question,

We are in 7447 on the Liberty and by looking at the diagrams in the brochure it appears that we might be able to see somewhat around the side of the ship/corner balcony as it wraps...anyone have any knowledge of that?

Doesn't really matter as I've heard so much about the aft that I jumped on it when it was available and there are no balconies left for our sailing June 24th!

(sold out the balconies the end of November):eek:

Sailing liberty in March. Have two conected balcony staterooms 8D Express Deck starboard aft. Way back. Any pictures or thoughts. Size etc. Two adults and two teenageragers traveling.:)
When in March are you sailing.I 'm on the Liberty March 4 with 2 teens 17 and 15.

We are in 7447 on the Liberty and by looking at the diagrams in the brochure it appears that we might be able to see somewhat around the side of the ship/corner balcony as it wraps...anyone have any knowledge of that?

7447 is a regular balcony... bigger ..but the wrap around one is 7445 and yes with that one it goes around the back up the side. THese cabins are cat 9A on this ship-- a great deal more money.

We are sailing on the Liberty on Feb 5. We are staying in an 8D on the Lido deck. Room 9249 to be exact. It has been suggested these rooms are noisey. Is this just during the day when everyone is hanging out on the Lido deck or is this noisey all the time. We have stayed on a Carnival ship just below the Lido deck one time and all we heard were footsteps day and night.

Bernie

Okay now I'm really confused:confused:

What are the differences between say 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D and so on?

If they all have balconies is one better over the other?

8A is the lowest level balcony (for each ship), 8B is one level up from that, 8 C is one level up from the 8B (or 2 levels up from the 8A)..... etc.

Fiestred,

Some things to keep in mind is the deck and ship locations. Mid-deck cabins have the least motion. The bow cabins and aft cabins have more movement. I've heard the bow cabins can be nosiy when the anchor drops and also with the sound of the sea against the ship.

The higher the deck the better the view--distance-wise. The higher the deck the more motion you will feel. The cost variations are based on these locational factors.

I also look at what's above, below and near a cabin when I select one.

Archived