Do I need to buy bottled water?

I read recently to buy bottled water for your cabin. Is that necessary.? I do here in Phoenix where the water is awful. In NYC I drink tap water. We will be sailing on Carnival Freedom. For 6 persons that could be costly.

Any advice?

Thanks Sylvia

We usually pre-order bottled water, but only to take on excursions off the ship. The water on the ship is safe for drinking and usually has no taste issues. Many bring a refillable bottle to take on excursions instead of purchasing bottled water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you’re Cruiz’n with Carnival, I’d preorder 2-12 packs of water to put in the frig for excursions and whatever. With Carnival it is quite inexpensive but I heard that bottled water on Royal Caribbean is a lot more expensive!

Water on Carnival is very affordable. They lowered the prices a few years ago when they quit allowing people to bring water on board in an attempt to cut down on people sneaking alcohol onboard via water and soda bottles. Here are the current prices from they website:

fcb72d2901be290f36b0502c52261564.jpg

I read recently to buy bottled water for your cabin. Is that necessary.? I do here in Phoenix where the water is awful. In NYC I drink tap water. We will be sailing on Carnival Freedom. For 6 persons that could be costly.

Any advice?

Thanks Sylvia

Sylvia,

You should not need to purchase water for cabin use, but many like to have bottles for shore excursions and as previously posted the Carnival price is reasonable for in-cabin delivery.

Even water from your cabin sink is drinkable, but some find an off flavor to it. On our last cruise we took insulated tumblers and filled them from Lido deck (using their cups to dispense then pouring over). We could also get our tumblers refilled with water at the bars. At MDR we used their carafe and glasses. If we ran out of water while in the cabin and didn't want to go out we would use ice from the ice bucket and sink tap water or melted ice. (We drink a lot of water and prefer it cold.)

If you are concerned about an off taste you could pack powdered drink mixes or Mio (or other brand) concentrated drops.

If you have Cheers, bottled water is included.

Any advice?

Thanks Sylvia

The tap water on the ship is fine. It has been filtered and purified at least as much as the water you buy in Phoenix.