Caribbean Cruisers

Hi all fellow cruisers

Thinking of doing a Caribbean cruise out of Barbados possibly Feb '19.

Done Thomson/Marella previously but not to Caribbean. I am a nervous flyer and the flight for me is a long one (Manchester) but i believe it is now the Dreamliner, do you have any reviews at all.

Just wondered

1. Is the weather ok at this time of year

2. Would you recommend

3. Any hints or tips would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for you replies. :):)

Hi weather that time of year is fine never had a problem in out last eight visits yes it will rain but it doesn't last long and its warm rain, it can be windy. Suggestions the best I can think of is pack a change of clothes in your hand luggage so you can start your holiday straight away not having to wait for luggage which by the way is bonded so you don't see it again after check-in in the UK until it arrives outside your cabin, don't expect the picture postcard Caribbean views when you dock you have to travel to find them in most ports but they are better ports than Europe.

We find the Dreamliner good but always travel premium for the extra comfort and the fact that you can get a two seat;) I do note this year they have increased the cost of premium, a lot, particularly for the Explorer bookings 200 more than on Celebration don't understand why same plane same airport:confused:.

Enjoy:)

Hi all fellow cruisers

Thinking of doing a Caribbean cruise out of Barbados possibly Feb '19.

Done Thomson/Marella previously but not to Caribbean. I am a nervous flyer and the flight for me is a long one (Manchester) but i believe it is now the Dreamliner, do you have any reviews at all.

Just wondered

1. Is the weather ok at this time of year

2. Would you recommend

3. Any hints or tips would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for you replies. :):)

I'd definitely recommend this trip. The weather is great at this time of year, around 26 degrees. The Caribbean is great for DIY trips as there are taxis waiting in every port and it's usually around 20 dollars each for a few hours.

We’ve done Caribbean cruises in Jan and the weather has been lovely with the odd downpour. We did Dreamliner flights to Mexico this year and it was the best economy flight we’ve had. Better than Virgin. We paid £60 return for extra legroom seats but I’m not sure it was necessary. However, we wouldn’t pay the big increase to Premium especially if it’s a night flight. The food, drinks service and in seat entertainment were all excellent.

We are taking a Dreamliner again to join Discovery next April and the direct Dreamliner flights were a definite plus for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion guys as you are doing a b2b, on changeover day pick up a taxi from the port to Harbour Lights, just a few dollars, its a great beach just to spend the day away from the busy ship and the food is very good, particularly the flying fish. You could actually walk it but its about 60 mins. We also always book the speciality restaurant for change over day again to get away from the activity onboard and they do have special offers. You will, I am certain, have a great cruise.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Many thanks for your replies.

Bill1954.

Have decided to book and going the same time as you 7th Feb from Manchester. See you there!!! Looking forward to it.

Great stuff, we booked extra legroom seats so we have already chosen them.

Pensioncruiser, thanks so much, we were wondering what to do in Barbados on changeover day and that sounds ju st up our street Perhaps we can share a taxi with pezzers

Bill1954 that seems a good idea, not thought of what to do. Will have to liase nearer the time. Do you know if you can private message on here at all?

Don't think so but we can work something out nearer the time.

Meanwhile, I'm going to do a notebook page for every port re facilities and excursions. A quick google over the weekend showed that there are much cheaper options than booking through the ship.