Royal Caribbean Newbie...please help. Navigator of the Seas 16/09/18

Hello to one and all.

Thanks in advance for any help given...

A couple of questions....

Only cruised once before with NCL.

With NCL we set up a cash account for our expenses, by placing a cash deposit as soon as we boarded, can we do that with Royal Caribbean?? I’m not a user of credit cards...but use a debit card. Hence doing that. Trying to check in online, struggling to get past that stage..

If I buy a five night dining package, my understanding is that you get one restaurant allocated on the first night, and you pick the others accordingly.

What if you don’t want the restaurant that is allocated....

Could you go to same restaurant 5 times.....

Have bought a premium drinks package, will that cover most beers etc...and cocktails and gin and tonics...???

Thanks again for any help or advice.

You can set up a cash account with RC. You don't even have to put down any cash up front. RC will let you charge $300-$500 (depending on the cruise length) before they ask you to pay down the account.

You can go to the same restaurant multiple times.

Hello to one and all.

Thanks in advance for any help given...

A couple of questions....

Only cruised once before with NCL.

With NCL we set up a cash account for our expenses, by placing a cash deposit as soon as we boarded, can we do that with Royal Caribbean?? I’m not a user of credit cards...but use a debit card. Hence doing that. Trying to check in online, struggling to get past that stage..

Yes you can set a cash account with Royal. When you print your set sail pass there will be an option for that. Once onboard, you can go to Guest Services and put cash on your account.

If I buy a five night dining package, my understanding is that you get one restaurant allocated on the first night, and you pick the others accordingly.

What if you don’t want the restaurant that is allocated....

Could you go to same restaurant 5 times.....

You can change it, there will be employees selling the package as you board, you can check with them or go to the restaurant and change it. As far as I know, you can eat at the same place 5 times.

Have bought a premium drinks package, will that cover most beers etc...and cocktails and gin and tonics...???

Yes it will cover those. Although they do not have Hendricks Gin....

Hi,

Thanks for reply..great help.

Hendricks, my wife will be gutted, it’s big thing here at the moment.

I’ve completed the online check in apart from the onboard account section, however it still lets me print my pass, so I will do that and put cash down when I get there. If that makes sense.

Cheers

Hi thanks for reply...

Do I still register a card...when checking in online??? Or upon arrival...

Thanks

Nope, no requirement for registering a credit or debit card.

I got Hendricks on Freedom two years ago at the pool bar (it was under the counter), but they did not have it on Oasis last year. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. I’m hoping they may have it on Explorer in Sept. l report back if successful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can set a cash account with Royal. When you print your set sail pass there will be an option for that. Once onboard, you can go to Guest Services and put cash on your account.

You can change it, there will be employees selling the package as you board, you can check with them or go to the restaurant and change it. As far as I know, you can eat at the same place 5 times.

Yes it will cover those. Although they do not have Hendricks Gin....

When I was on the Explorer last week the on board offers required 1 night in each restaurant. I don't eat Sushi so that was a deal breaker for me, I didn't try to negotiate.