Typical Disembarking on Princess-

DnA2010

We are on the Crown departing November 17-27, 2018. I read somewhere that Florida has implemented a free parking policy for accessible vehicles equipped with ramps. So I am curious to know if we can park for free at Ft Lauderdale pier for the duration of our 10 day cruise as well as the procedure used for handicapped parking.

We are on the Crown departing November 17-27, 2018. I read somewhere that Florida has implemented a free parking policy for accessible vehicles equipped with ramps. So I am curious to know if we can park for free at Ft Lauderdale pier for the duration of our 10 day cruise as well as the procedure used for handicapped parking.

Yes. The minimum requirement is that the vehicle has to be modified with ramps, hand controls, etc.

There are some other ways to qualify, as well.

The rules are here:

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/disabled-parking/

You might check on the disabled board. I recall something like a supervisor had to verify that

your vehicle met the requirements, but many that's no longer true.

Kate45: We'll be on that Nov 17 cruise with you! We always park at the Port Everglades cruise terminal and what Pablo222 posted is correct. If your vehicle is disabled equipped, here is the procedure:

At the entry of the Port Everglades parking garage, pull a parking ticket from the automated machine and get the attention of one of the parking agents in an adjacent exit booth. Advise that parking agent that you would like a disability waiver of parking. The parking agent will telephone for a parking supervisor who will come to the booth and examine your vehicle to determine if the driver/vehicle meets the criteria for a parking waiver. The parking supervisor will inspect the vehicle to determine if a Florida Turnpike Toll Exemption sticker is affixed to it and/or if the vehicle has specialized equipment and a hanging tag from the Division of Motor Vehicles verifying the equipment.

When the parking supervisor verifies that a disability waiver of parking is allowable, the driver's name and address and the registration number on the sticker or hanging tag will be recorded on the parking ticket by that parking supervisor and the parking supervisor will sign the ticket. At this point the driver will be given the parking ticket and directed to enter the garage.

Upon exit, the parking ticket with the recorded information and the parking supervisor’s signature will be surrendered to the exit parking attendant and no parking fees will be charged.

Less than 2 months to go!!!