Why Civitavecchia embarkation is totally awesome

What is an easy way to find out which itineraries around the globe have interport itineraries? I've never heard of them before reading this post.

For example we are Outlander fans and I am very interested in somehow getting over to Scotland either by a land trip or possibly by Cruise. Not much time is spent in Edinburgh on a cruise. If I could join a cruise Edinburgh to Edinburgh instead of whatever the real in the ebarkation/ Debarkaton Port is that would be ideal.

8 hours ago, irisheileen said:

What is an easy way to find out which itineraries around the globe have interport itineraries? I've never heard of them before reading this post.

For example we are Outlander fans and I am very interested in somehow getting over to Scotland either by a land trip or possibly by Cruise. Not much time is spent in Edinburgh on a cruise. If I could join a cruise Edinburgh to Edinburgh instead of whatever the real in the ebarkation/ Debarkaton Port is that would be ideal.

I don't recall any Royal cruises that interport in Edinburgh.  However, there are several itineraries Royal does out of Southampton, so you could easily visit Edinburgh before or after a cruise out of Southampton.

26 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't recall any Royal cruises that interport in Edinburgh.  However, there are several itineraries Royal does out of Southampton, so you could easily visit Edinburgh before or after a cruise out of Southampton.

Thank you that is a thought to do pre and or post-cruise Edinburgh  Southampton.

What would be the most efficient way to investigate which itineraries utilize the interport system? Thank you

6 minutes ago, irisheileen said:

Thank you that is a thought to do pre and or post-cruise Edinburgh  Southampton.

What would be the most efficient way to investigate which itineraries utilize the interport system? Thank you

I would contact a reputable travel agent.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ECUnited said:

We are taking the train from Rome (Roma San Pietro) to Civitavecchia. Does Royal Caribbean have a shuttle from the Civitavecchia train station to the port or should we plan on walking?

It would be a long walk.  I've not read of an RC shuttle.

Lots of info on this in the Italy forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/