Embarkation security process

Basil55

Oh wow, I wouldn't expect a steward to rat someone out. Seems they would be more concerned with their tips than turning in someone for having booze. I mean, what if the person decided to retaliate by removing tips & consistently leaving the room a mess? I've never attempted to smuggle booze & likely won't - too much work. I'll stick with my allowed bottle of wine & purchase the rest as I go.

I have to admit I was a bit surprised too when I read this but several others replied that they'd had their rum runner/bottle/hootch confiscated and a note left behind from security informing them why... the original poster said the only way they could have known was if their steward reported it.

Oh wow, I wouldn't expect a steward to rat someone out. Seems they would be more concerned with their tips than turning in someone for having booze. I mean, what if the person decided to retaliate by removing tips & consistently leaving the room a mess? I've never attempted to smuggle booze & likely won't - too much work. I'll stick with my allowed bottle of wine & purchase the rest as I go.

I have never heard of this happening, ever