Booked during WOW, apply for price drop?

Hi Royal experts :)

It's been a while since we cruised with Royal. But last time we booked during a WOW sale and got a US$100 on board credit. When we applied for price drops the onboard credit stayed with the booking.

We booked during the recent WOW sale and got a US$75 on board credit. Price just dropped CA$60 ($30/pp). But when I tried to have the new price applied the CSR told me I would lose the onboard credit if the new price was applied. Have things changed or was the CSR mistaken?

Final payment is 07 DEC 2018.

TIA,

LC

When you reprice a cruise you reprice under the rate rules you are changing to. So if you book when part of the offer is $100 OBC, but then reprice with $50 price drop but zero OBC, you lose the OBC. Need to add up all the perks and see what is most valuable. We booked a cruise which included BOGO drink package. But we were 6 adults and 5 kids under 12. I was paying for the cruise. Then a "kids sail free" program appeared. We lost the BOGO drink packages, and the adult prices went up. BUT, my net savings was $2000. And that was AFTER paying the additional for the drink packages. You just need to factor each perk to the cost to see if it's worth it.