Is this unusual?

neilkear

I agree with this, the rep is incorrect. The spa pass is a room amenity, not a perk. Similar to when you win a Haven upgrade. You get all the amenities of the Haven.

I'm inclined to agree, the rep was wrong. I went through a lot of threads and NCL rules and conditions and the spa goes with the room. Thank you one and all!! I just might use it because I can!!

I'm the OP and I just wanted to make known a fact I just found out. I won the bid and was assigned a spa cabin but I do not get the complimentary Thermal Spa Suite pass. I had to call NCL about another issue with my new docs and I asked about that, and the rep I spoke to took it all the way to her supervisor. I keep all my perks that I had on the balcony, but I do not get any perks associated with the upgrade cabin. The Thermal Spa Suite pass is a perk of the spa mini, so no go!

You were given incorrect information. Access to the spa when in a spa mini suite, is an amenity that is part of the cabin. It is not a perk. If you are in any kind of spa cabin you have access to the spa.

Rep is 100% wrong. The spa pass is tied to the room. So whoever is in the room gets the perk. Just like if you are in a spa room and upgrade to a non-spa room, you LOSE spa access. It says so plain as day in the upgrade program FAQ.